Conflict 12: Jealousy

Start from the beginning

   "Lovi?" The girl muttered, "Is something wrong?"

   "N-no... I-it's just that..." He hesitated, "Y-you look l-l-l..."

   "L...?"

   "LOVELY!" "There they are!" Lovino's voice overlapped with Antonio's, catching all three's attention.

   "Wow, chica, you look beautiful!" Antonio complimented. The girl smiled, "Not looking so bad yourself" It was her first time seeing Antonio, even Feliciano and Lovino, in a suit. Speaking of Lovino, the girl heard him swear under his breath to which she turned to him and said: "You look lovely tonight, too, Lovi" In turn, his cheeks burned a bright red.

   "C'mon, the party's already starting" Antonio grabbed Name's hand and led her inside the one of the hotel ballrooms.

   The moment she was inside, she recognized several faces and forms. One she never expected to ever see again. Not here anyway, in this hotel with this many unfamiliar faces and familiar faces. The coincidence was without a doubt a real bitch. Almost like something out a cheap, cliché romance novel or some girl's reverse harem fantasy.

   But this was different.

   It wasn't a harem, well certainly not one that she wanted. Not with her first love and first boyfriend in it. Nonetheless, she couldn't help but notice Francis' shoulder-length blonde hair brushed his ironed suit. He had that flirtatious smile on his face and was chatting with some women and girls that Name didn't know. She had to hide. She didn't care that Francis was the one who didn't see her at the airport, she just wanted to ignore him and hide from the embarrassment of past mistakes that he brought with his very presence.

   "Um, Feli" She tapped her friend's shoulder, "I-I'm just gonna go drink or whatever, okay?"

   "All right, bella. But hurry okay? I still have to introduce you to my big brother Francis"

   'Mother. Fucker.' She thought. What were the chances that the Francis she knew and Feliciano's "big brother Francis" were one and the same?

   She tried to calm herself down by pouring herself a glass of... whatever was in the bowl. Juice, punch—she didn't care. Suddenly, a familiar calloused hand touched hers that held the silver ladle. Startled, she lifted her head and saw Ivan's face, partially hidden by his light periwinkle scarf.

   'Does he always wear a scarf?' She asked herself.

   He smiled, "Hello, sunflower"

   "I-Ivan. Nice to see you again"

   "Likewise" He said, and then turned to the glass in her hand. She didn't notice it before but it was already overflowing, "You're that thirsty, da?"

   She laughed it off, "Yeah, you can say that"

   "Not that I'm not happy with it but why are you here, sunflower?"

   "Oh, a friend invited me"

   His purple eyes narrowed slightly, though he was still smiling. The iciness he showed back then when she came to the hotel with Alfred was present, "Was it Alfred?"

   "No, no. It was um, Feliciano Vargas. Do you know him?"

   His cold glare disappeared, "Ah, Feliciano. Yes, I know him"

   That confirmed her suspicions. She still couldn't believe though, it was like the Universe or some force was connecting her to all these people. It was almost scary.

   "May I dance with you, sunflower?" Ivan interrupted her thoughts. She suddenly realized that the lively music suddenly mellowed down to what would be a couple's slow dance.