Sing the song of Sleep

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You watch as Legolas's head falls to his chest, sleep claiming the elf once more since the start of his and your watch. He had taken it upon himself to take guard with you, no matter how much you denied. As you take in his position - leaning against the trunk of a sturdy young tree, his right ankle propped up lightly so his knee is bent - you cannot help but feel sorry for the tired elf. He had taken watch the night before with Aragorn, while you had slept. The lembas you had given him got him through the day, but you could see that as the day grew his weariness grew with it. Suddenly his head shot up, glancing around franticly and blinking multiple times. As your eyes are about to meet his sparkling blue orbs you quickly shift your gaze so you are staring intently at the glowing fire in front of you. Out of the corner of your eye you see him stifle a yawn and blink several more times. After a moment or two of watching this go on you call over.

"Legolas, come warm yourself by the fire."

He looks as if he is about to deny, but stands and walks over anyways. He sits beside you, his head immediately resting against your shoulder like countless times before as he sighs and lets the warmth of the fire relax him. You start to stroke his hair slowly, an elfish song flowing  from your lips.

"En dome tel flad na en rona, tegi eli a galad. Hin lalaith a hin glinn, teli tri en du. {The dusk comes smoothly to the east, bringing stars and light. Children laugh and children sing, playing trough the night.}"

His head lies heavier against you and he stifles another yawn, snuggling further into you.

"Adars beri ennas orthor peler, namna pant o taur. Naneth tegi mar laug a mel, roita oar en pi min gor. {Fathers protect their masters village, statures full of might. Mothers bring home warmth and love, chase away the small ones fright.}"

You steal a glance a his face. His eyes are closed, breathing becoming shallow and even.

"Ithil mir rille tegi galad, tri en fuin silma. Sir alag en silima galad, tri han lebed cel. {Moon shines brightly bringing light, through the darkness shining. Streams rushing in the shining light, through its fingers flowing.}"

By the end of your song, the blankets of sleep have enveloped him and his breathing is slow and even, eyes closed and lips parted, head against your shoulder. Smiling down at him you kiss his forehead lightly and return your attention to guarding the camp. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello nin mellon!

I hope you liked this. Tell me if it is good or not in the comments. I love hearing peoples opinions, even if they are negitive. Also if you find any grammar or spelling mistakes tell me so I can fix them please!

                        -Meleth, Bre