Chapter 28

Chapter 28: Ekim
The doctors couldn't figure out what was wrong. She's fallen into a coma and gone into labor simultaneously and they had to do an emergency C-Section. It was a mess because of the procedure, child birth was never this unplanned. Pure dangerous. The child survived, a baby girl. I named her Sharlought. A long name. Long because no one wanted to say it backwards and there wouldn't ever be anyone else like her.
••••••••••••••••
Aram stayed in a coma for three weeks, every so often, I would convince myself that she was waking up and get myself excited. I just knew she would wake up. She had to. She had so much to live for. She had a new baby that needed her and we still hadn't had our wedding. Mara would visit her too. She would whisper updates to her about Sharlought and how she had met Divad and promptly fallen in love with him and he with her. Even my father visited her sometimes, and though he never would admit it and I would never tell him I knew, I saw the tear stains on his face when he left. He always did secretly love her. She had only been in the coma for three weeks when her heart began to fail. The doctors were hopeful that they could save her, but they couldn't. She died. I'd never felt anything like the heartbreak I felt when she died. Sharlought was all I had left. We had a private ceremony a couple days later at a local cemetery. We all cried. Aram did end up making us feel again, but not the way my at her thought. She made us feel again by bringing Sharlought to us. She has changed everything. Everyone that encounters her can't help but love her. She was the product of real love, the kind that no one here had ever seen before her.