Chapter 12

P.O.V
Aspen
"She was fine sir I just thought she needed cheered up a little that's all," He said and noticed Kiara nod."Well I'm going to to head out bye Kiara, bye alpha," he said turning and running off through the forest. He glanced back and saw Kiara watching him and he sighed as he looked forwards quickly dodging a tree.

Why do all the females seem to some how always fall for me. There are plenty of males in this pack.

He sighed and he came to a hill and ran up it pushing himself up the hill with his powerful legs. Once at the top he skidded to a neat stop before falling off the cliff and he stood up straight and tall looking proud with his tail trailing behind him.

He took in a deep breath as he looked off into the distance at the small pond and a few mountain in the distance and the pack village beneath him. He decided to sleep there for the night as the sun set in the west creating a beautiful sunset with an array of colorful oranges and yellows. He circled a few times before curing up and fell asleep breathing softly.
~~~~~~~~~~
Cheep cheep cheep. The sound of birds chirping and flapping their tiny wings flying from tree to tree woke up Aspen. He stood up and stretched yawning showing his massive white k-9 jaws. He stood straight up and looked around.

There was still morning dew on the leaves and the grass and the sun was just above the east horizon. He scratched his ear quickly and then stood up turning and working his way down the hill putting his front feet forwards then his back feet and slid down the rest of the way when at the bottom.

His glowing green eyes scanned the surrounding area when he suddenly saw movement and a furry animal pop out of a hole. With instinct he bolted towards it without thinking. Before the animal, that turned out to be a decent sized rabbit, even knew it he closed his jaws around its neck and killed it swiftly.

He picked it up in his jaws and carried over to a tree and sat down beginning to eat it but before he even got to the meat after tearing off the fur he heard a twig snap and his eyes became cold looking as he jumped up and snarled in a defensive position.

A light tan wolf walked out of the bushes with a smirk on her face as her eyes scanned Aspen and his kill. Aspen growled under his breath and relaxed sitting back down.

"I told you to leave me alone, Fawn," he said sending her an annoyed glance as he began eating his slightly less warm kill now.

The she-wolf smirked again and walked a few paw steps closer. "Oh Aspen how could you be so rude? Remember how close we were once? Surely you couldn't forget," she said and the tip of her tail twitched as two other female wolves walked out of the bushes behind her. The one on her left was a dark brown color and the one of her right was white but not pretty at all because of all the dirt.

Aspen growled and glared at her. "We were never close," he said as he finished his meal. The she-wolfs smirk changed to a small frown.

Get away from me you idiot.
He thought wishing that was what he could say but he sighed and stood up annoyed.

Fawn stood in his way and smirked again. "Where are you going? Don't you want to spend time with your favorite girl? Or do you not like me anymore," she said making a pouting face.
Aspen rolled his eyes. Finally he growled and got face to face with her.

"Look Fawn, I don't like you. I have never liked you, and your not my girl. So why don't you and your little minions walk away and leave me alone," he said and smirked a little at the face she made with her mouth wide open and her eyes wide.

Suddenly she glared at him. "Fine. Have it your way, but let me tell you something. That new girl is nothing like me. She isn't pretty. She is annoying. She is not good enough for you." She said and turned around and growled as her "henchmen" ran to catch up to her as she walked back into the forest.

"She-wolves..." He said and growled turning and walking in the direction of the village.

She thinks I like Kiara? Does everyone think that?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys!!! I think this was a pretty drama filled chapter! Did Aspen and Fawn actually ever have anything between them? Maybe he is trying to hide it. Or maybe Fawn is just crushing on him? Does everyone think Aspen likes Kiara? I kinda feel bad for him!