Chapter Eleven: Super Humans Need Super Clothes

Screaming. Fire. You would think that a facility with all this tech would fight back but they didn't. Chaos ensued as men in all black propelled through the hole made by the explosion. Bullets sounded and there was more screaming. I turned and ducked down to see some men holding equipment as a shield, deflecting each bullet. They couldn't however survive the blast of a grenade, which is what they started launching at them. After a few explosions, my ears started to ring, and there were no more men holding shields. Everyone was either running away, hiding, or dead. A drop of sweat fell from my brow and another drop fell from my eye, meeting at the corner of my lip and filled my mouth with a salty taste. I tried to go supersonic but it seemed hopeless to fight back. I turned around. My eight comrades were in a huddle under the table. I have to get to them I decided. I looked to make sure that no enemy was looking in my direction before I started to army crawl out from under the workbench and toward the table. When I was about midway through the trek, of of the infiltrators turned and saw me. He raised his gun and pulled the trigger.

The gun sounded but I wasn't hit. I turned to see if it hit the ground , which was a stupid decision, as he fired a few more times. Each made no mark in the concrete ground. I looked at my comrades. Jared had emerged from the huddle and was holding his hand out towards the shooter. I followed the invisible line between the man and Jared and, halfway between them, was a small tornado of bullets. They were spinning so fast, they looked like they were moving in reverse. Jared looked at me and out eyes met as he mouthed something to me.

I'll save the team. You save the others. Go.

I saw a glimmer of hope. If Jared could catch bullets, I could be a hero. I slowed the world down; Even the bullets froze in their place. I stood up and started to run. As I was running, I remembered that I was wearing normal clothes; not the bodysuit made to withstand the sound of sound. I remembered from science that, if something is moving fast, you don't need to apply a lot of force, so I simply touched each of the infiltrators as my clothes literally burned off of my body. It didn't hurt because I was moving too fast for the heat to even affect me. When I was finished taking out the enemies, I looked for my body suit. When I couldn't find it, I had to suffice for the prototype suit on the workbench. I put all the suit on and flipped the on switch (which I was surprised that they made it that simple). When it finally came on, which took forever, I slowed down, back to normal speed.

Jared stood, the man that had fired at me was lying on the ground, lifeless. Soon everyone stood up and looked at me. The team looked a little baffled by my change in attire. Let's just say I said something poetically inspiring.

"What? Super Humans need Super Clothes!"