Ivy

Charles'

Erik and I wandered down the street I'd chosen, since I could sense a Mutant here. She was weak, what I could sense from her was faint. I turned my head as I heard a faint thought.

Ow. Shit, ow. Fuck! This mind was screaming pain now, so much so, I grunted, and stummbled. "Charles. Charles, are you okay?" Erik held my shoulder to steady me. "This way," I muttered weakly.

I stumbled down an alleyway, and saw a girl with bright red hair being kicked in the stomach by a couple of thugs. "Aye!" I shouted. They turned, and their eyes grew wide at the sight of Erik and I. They began to run, but Erik stopped them by grabbing the metal somewhere on their person, I didn't know where though.

I rushed over to the girl, who was groaning quietly. I moved a loose lock of hair from her face, and saw her face. Even with the bruises, and the blood coming from the corner of her mouth, she was quite stunning. Her breathing was labored, and she wouldn't look at me. In fact, when I touched her shoulder, she cried out.

I lay my hand on her shoulder gently, and spoke to her mind. Please, allow me to help you. I know what you are, and you're among friends. You can trust me. Just allow me to pick you up, and help you. I pleaded. She bit her lip, and nodded painfully.

As I was still attached to her mind, I could hear her think. O-okay. Ivy. I raised a brow at the last word, but then, as I searched her memories, I realized it was her name. Quite a beautiful name I might add. I slipped my hand around her shoulders, and the other under her knees. She whimpered quietly, and I did my best not to move her around too much.

"Charles?" Erik queried. From the way I was holding her, it may have seemed as though I loved her. Right now, I suspected that that was all that she wanted. Then it hit me. "She's who we were looking for."

~

Erik and I rushed back to the facility, Ivy's life force slowly fading away. I walked quickly, searching for Mctagert and Hank. I found Hank with Raven and the others in the room the government had made for the young mutants. They all stopped as I rushed in with Ivy in my arms. "Oh my God, Charles, what happened?!" Raven exclaimed. I sighed, looking at Hank. "I need you, now." I pleaded.

The young man stood, and rushed out with Erik and I in a hurry. Ivy's breathing had slowed so much I was forced to look in her mind to see if she was still alive. "Get her to my lab." Hank ordered. I nodded breathlessly, and shouldered the door open, laying her on the freshly disinfected table, her bright red hair fanning out behind her head.

Hank rushed in, and started a drip, pushing the syringe into her arm gently. Her vitals began to show on the screen, but something began to happen. Something that I'd never seen in my life. She began to heal herself as soon as the drip reached her. Hank seemed dumbfounded. "Wha-what's happening?" He questioned. I pressed two fingers to my temple, and dove into her mind for answers. It was when she started to regain consiousness that I pulled out, and rushed to her side.

"Ivy." I muttered. She turned to face me, and smiled weakly. "Wh-who are you?" She asked.