7. We're all in this together

Start from the beginning

I decided to check out Reese's room. Or the guest room. Thankfully the door isn't locked. I just entered his room. His room is clean. No stray boxers or dirty clothes in sight. Not that I wanna see his boxers because that's just wrong. I just thought that his room will be stinky and messy.

I checked under the bed. Nothing. Hmm... maybe not everyone stuffs their stuff under the bed. Or maybe he hasn't fully settled in yet? I looked at the sports bag that is leaning against the wall. I ran my hand on the office chair. I love the chair. It's so comfortable and it has wheels so I can spin on it. I sat on it and spin on the chair.

"No it's not!" I heard Max shouted. "Hey! Where are you going?"

"My room!" Reese shouted, which sounded surprisingly loud.

Shoot! That means Reese is close to his room! I need to hide! I look around the room for a place to hide. Or maybe not.

The door open. It's my cue now.

"I've been expecting y- OH MY GOD I'M SO SORRY MAMA!" I shouted.

I call Max's parents Mama and Papa while Max called mine mom and dad.

Mama just gave me an amused look. "Should I ask what you are doing in here?"

"Nope." I gave her a sweet smile.

After years of knowing me, they know better than to know what I'm to. Papa said this before and I quote 'not knowing what Tamara is up to is better than knowing'.

"Okay then. Just don't do anything extreme." Mama closed the door on her way out.

I went to my original position and waited for Reese to enter his room. About a minute later, he finally entered the room.

"Who's there?" He asked.

"Well well well, I've been expecting you." I spin the chair slowly to face him as I said that in a slow and dramatic way.

"Uh... Tamara. Didn't expect you to be here." He dropped his bag on the floor.

"Same."

"So what do you want?"

"Some answers."

"Shoot."

"You did that prank on Aaron."

"What prank?"

"Cut the act, Reese's pieces. We both know you're involved in operation 'Aaron boullion'."

The ends of Reese's lips twitched upwards. "How did you figure it out?"

"The fact that you left the peanut butter cups there. Your name is there but then again it's a brand so people won't really think it's yours. Besides, people who knows me well know that I don't leave peanut butter lying around."

"Aaron didn't figure it that out."

"I don't think he knows me well enough." I muttered.

"So why did you ask me when you already know the answer?" Reese asked me.

"Because I haven't figure out why you pranked him. I mean, isn't he your friend?"

"Because I want to?"

"Or because you want Aaron to pay more attention to you?"

"What? I'm not gay!"

"I never said that you're gay!"

"But you're implying that I'm one!"

I threw my hands in the air. "Oh my god, I can't believe you just stereotype a gay! How could you?!?!?"

"What?" I wanted to laugh at his confused expression but I'm not so mean.

I'm like the nicest person ever.

"Said no one ever." I gave Reese the dirty look.

These are one of the moments where I accidentally speak my mind.

"Jokes aside, why are you helping me?"

"I just... I want to, alright?"

I raised my eyebrow at him.

"I'm serious. I really want to help you guys."

"Why?"

Rule number one: never trust a person easily when they betrayed you. Even hot guys.

Wait. Scratch that.

Especially hot guys. They might use their charm on us and when we are weak, they will... wait. What was I talking about?

"Let's make a deal. I will help you get back at Aaron and you will owe me one."

I shook my head. "You owe me too."

"How? It's-"

"Do you want me to accept the deal or not?"

Reese rolled his eyes. "Fine."

I stood up and stepped closer to him. We shook hands.

"Promise me that we're all in this together."

I fixed my eyes on Reese with a genuine smile on my face. The next thing I realized, both of us started dancing.

We're all in this together

Once we know

That we are

We're all stars

And we see that

We're all in this together

And it shows

When we stand

Hand in hand

Make our dreams come true

"I don't even want to know what you guys are doing

"I don't even want to know what you guys are doing." Max put her hands up in surrender and walked away.

"You know what I wanna do right now?" I asked Reese.

"Have a HSM marathon?"

"Yeah! How did you know?"

"I'm... Edward Cullen." He whispered dramatically.

"Yeah yeah, dream on, drama boy." I rolled my eyes.

Reese gave me the dirty look. "Let's just watch."