11. Chicken Burger

"I had the worst nightmare ever!" I walked towards Max and Reese.

"I dreamt that I was grounded for a week for making Aaron sick and you saved me!" I continued, pointing at Reese.

"You did get grounded for a week and I did saved you." Reese said.

"Oh." I said in realization. "I didn't realized that time flies by really fast."

"Are you sure you don't miss doing chores? Maybe you should let mom punish you again so that Reese can save you again." Max said, smiling wickedly at me.

I don't know what she is aiming for in this comment but I'm pretty sure it's not good. Maybe she did this to tease me about Reese! I gave her a dirty look.

"I can't believe Reese's pieces saved me instead of you."

"Yeah... but that's good, right?" Max smiled.

"Nah... I'd rather stay at home and learn to count uno, dos, tres with Dora and Diego." I smirked at the same time Max turned red.

I wanted to say more but was interrupted by the notification sound coming from Max's phone. She looked down, read the text and smiled. Then she looked up with an apologetic expression.

"Sorry guys... I gotta go." Max tighten her grip on her tote bag.

"Where are you going?" I asked her.

"Um... I'm working on the art animation assignment." Max replied.

"The one that we have to present in front of an audience?" Max added, maybe because I looked confused.

I'm still confused though. What proj- oh. The thought dawned on me. Since both Max and took Art, we have to do this art animation assignments. It's one of those assignments where we have to do our work on the computer.

Truthfully, I hate it because my IT skills aren't that great to start with. And have I mentioned that we will be presenting our masterpiece to the audience? Not to forget it is sixty percent of our overall Art grade.

By the time I looked up, Max was gone.

"She isn't working on her project." Reese said.

I raised my eyebrow at him. How would he know that?

"We both know that she procrastinates a lot and when is the assignment due? Next two weeks."

Reese continued when I nodded in agreement. "She wouldn't do it now unless the teacher threatened to mark her down."

It's true. Last year, Ms Falani threatened Max to complete her French presentation by the following day when it's supposed to be done over a course of a week which Max didn't. And I was surprised when she finished it by the following day.

"So she isn't doing her project... then what is she doing right how?"

"Something else... which we're going to find out." Reese said.

"Let's go." I pulled Reese into the school, having an idea of where Max might be.

Library. Nope.

Cafeteria. Nope.

Classroom. Nope.

Student lounge. Nope.

Behind the school. Nope.

Where is she? "We shouldn't have looked for her because it's a total waste of time." Reese said.

"It's your fault for wanting to stalk her."