7. We're all in this together

"Where do you wanna go?" I asked Max.

School just ended and we have nowhere to go and nothing to do. Just kidding, we can choose to do our homework but we didn't. At least Max will do hers later. I can't say for myself.

"My house. Let's just chill there." We took her car back to my second home.

Schools always tell us that school is our second home but everyone knows that it's so not true. Home is where we feel safe and comfortable in our own skin which does not sound like the definition of school.

Max and I have been best friends for a long time but not 'when we are in our diapers' long. I can't remember exactly when but it's sometime in second grade. We are so close that I even have the spare key to Max's home and Max can literally walk into mine anytime.

"Home sweet home!" We cheered and raced to Max's room.

I was in the lead as usual and Max was right behind me until I heard a thud. She probably just hit something. I kept on running. Yeah you'd probably scowl at me and say something like, bitch, help your damn friend!

Well I don't. Unless it's an emergency like she sprained her leg or broke her leg. She would do the same for me too.

I jumped and landed on the bed.

"I won! Whoopie doopie doo!" I stood up and swing my hands in the air.

"It's not fair." Max whined when she walked into the room.

I laughed. "What happened?"

"I tripped in these." She held up her stilettos.

"That's a sign you shouldn't be wearing stilettos to school just to impress a guy." I shook my head.

"Piss off! I'm not trying to impress Diego."

"Who said anything about him?" I smirked at her.

"You were hinting at it." Max said.

In case you forgot who Diego is, he's Dos. The one who has the hots for Max. Honestly, why don't both of them grow a pair and ask each other out already? Wait Max can't because she doesn't even have one to begin with.

Just kidding... my jokes are getting crappier as the time goes by.

But seriously though, they should have just wore the 'no fear' ring in Wizards of Waverly Place if they are afraid of getting turn down.

You should have seen them together. Max will play with her hair and have minimal eye contact with Dos. Dos will have his hands in the pocket with his head tilted slightly downwards and his eyes will be looking up. I don't know how to explain it but I'm pretty sure his neck hurts from doing that too long.

I should just shout 'Help! The sexual tension here is unbearable!' or bang their heads together and shout 'Just get married already!'. Hahah I bet they would be embarrassed because I just revealed their feelings to the public. I get to embarrass them at the same time they will know that they like each other. It's a win-win situation.

"Welcome back." Max greeted me.

"How long have I been out?"

"Almost twenty minutes." Max shrugged.

In case you hadn't gotten it by now, I always space out. I can't help it. One question simply leads to another then the other... it's a non-stop cycle.

"Hey I gotta go... Reese needs a ride home." Max waved her phone.

I shrugged. Max gave me an apologetic smile and left. A second later, I heard the front door slam. Guess I'm home alone. Get it? No? Too bad.