Chapter 7- Peacefulness

Leila POV
Alex took my hand and started to guide me outside. I'm not sure where he was taking me or what he wanted to tell me. He opened the door for me and then he started driving.
It was already getting dark and the sun was setting.
The whole car drive was quiet, you could only hear the sound of the engine and wind blowing. So many thoughts were running through my head.
Was I doing the right thing?
-----------------------------------------
The car stopped and Alex got out of the car and opened the door. He took me by the hand and started to guide me by this small pathway.
I knew this pathway.
We would always come when we were young. We even had our first bonfire here and shared so many memories. We stopped where there were these rocks that we would use for seats.
"Leia"
"Yes Alex?"
"Why have you been avoiding me all this time? Was is it about the incident? I told you I'm sorry and it was a stupid move that I did. I just wish you'd stop ignoring me because you're sending me to despair."
I could see in his eyes how hurt he was and I honestly didn't think he would be hurt.
"Alex I'm sorry too. I just didn't know  what to do and my first instinct was just to avoid the situation, but I really do miss you." He gave me a shy smile and we just sat here for some time in silence, but it wasn't awkward at all. We just stared at the sky, while the sun stared to leave and the sky started to turn a bluish, purplish color.
After a few minutes we sat up and the whole car ride was just silent.
We entered the apartment and headed to our separate rooms.
"Leia, maybe this isn't the time and place, but-" He grabbed me by my hand and then I felt his lips intertwine with mine. The kiss was slow and passionate.
"Good night, love."
"Good night Alex."