Chapter 1- the beginning of a story

I watched as he ran his finger through his slick back hair. His eyes met mine as he laughed at a joke our friend miles said. "So any of you guys want more pizza?" Miles said looking at me and Alex. "I'll take one more slice." I said, I mean how can anyone reject pizza, especially if I'm not the one that's going to pay.
We were at a small local pizza place that we would always come after we got out of school. So much has changed since, it definitely looks older. Alex, Miles and I were at a booth. Our booth. There's still our initials A,I,M carved at the very far side of the table. An old song was playing in the background as the lights dimmed and some lights flickered as the sun was setting.

Miles went up to the register ordering some more pizza as me and Alex waited. It's been so long since I have seen Alex. We were so close back in high school and after we graduated he moved to California. He always have loved the more glamorous lifestyle. It's so weird how much things have changed, he just looks so different now. He definitely has the more bad boy look, he used to have long, messy hair and smiled so much more. Now he cut his hair and has it slick back, like the greaser would. He hides his brown eyes, in a pair of shades, most likely from a hangover he had last night. I can't blame him though, ever since his break up he changed his appearance and attitude. He never told anyone about what happened between he and her, but i could see the pain in his eyes. That was one of the reasons he moved away and now he's back in Chicago since his mother hasn't been feeling so well. 
I met Alex when he moved freshman year to Chicago. His family is from High green, U.K. His mom and my mom became friends after a week they moved here, since my mom had a family that knew Alex's mom and they got introduced to each other. That day was when I met Alex and we instantly became close friends.

"So how have you been in California?" I said hoping to break the silence between us. He raised one eyebrow and took a small breath. "It's been good, I just bought a house a few months ago."
"So its permanent that you're going to live there?" I was hoping he would say no, I just wished my best friend could have stayed here.
"Yeah. I wish I could stay here, but you know I can't." He said looking at Miles as he gave the cashier a 10 dollar bill.
One of the things about Alex was that he was an amazing writer and singer. When we were in high school he would write some songs and record some, he never thought they were good enough so he never really tried. One afternoon when I was over at his house he was playing a song with his old guitar his parents gave to him for Christmas and started singing. I was so amazed at how beautiful it was, I kept bugging him to upload some YouTube videos and send some recordings to the radio. After having some gigs with some of his friends they later got a record deal. I was so proud of Alex.

Miles then came with a tray of more pizza. "So what are you guys talking about?" He said wiggling his eyebrows at us. For some reason miles always shipped us. He would always tease saying that one day we will get together and blah blah blah. I mean that would never happen, me and Alex are just two different people.
"Eh not much, I was just telling Leia how I bought a house in Cali."
Yep. As you can see both of my parents are huge Star Wars fans that they named their own daughter after Princess Leia.
Anyways we spent the pass half hour talking about memories we had back then and catching up with what our lives have been. Miles and Alex had a band too, but Alex was more active on his other band, The Arctic Monkeys. Alex told us that he has been writing some songs, but they're just taking a break for right now. Miles also told us he had composed a new song and hopefully he could record with Alex while he's in Chicago.
After we finished eating Miles left home and me and Alex started walking to my house, since it wasn't a far walk. Alex was staying at my house for a couple of weeks, until his mother got better.

As we were walking in the dark outside, Alex pulled out a cigarette and started lighting it. He took off his shades and placed them on his leather jacket. I finally saw his eyes and I could see how tiring he looked, you could see some forming bags under his eyes.
We started walking in silence, until he broke it.
"So have you been seeing someone?" Alex said after taking a puff out of his smoke.
I closed my eyes for a second, until I responded. "No, I haven't been seeing anyone since Daniel."
Daniel is my ex boyfriend, I met him in college and we dated for 2 and a half years. We were pretty serious, but it didn't work out. He was an exchange student and after he finished his last 2 years in college he had to go back to Sweden. When he went back to Sweden we stayed together for 6 months but we just couldn't keep our relationship since both of us had our own careers starting and had too much things going on. It's been 2 months since I haven't talked to him and I can't lie and say it hasn't been easy.
As we got to my house, I grabbed my keys from my purse and opened the door. Alex stayed outside for a minute until he put out his cigarette.
"Hey Leia, can I show you something?" Alex said with a spark in his eyes.
"Sure."

This is my first chapter, hope you guys like it xx
Don't be shy and comment, thanks <3