Chapter 6- Facing Him

Alex POV:
I woke up this morning with out the smell of coffee, which is strange since Leia always makes coffee in the morning. I took a quick shower and got ready.
I closed my bedroom door and went to the living room.
No sight of Leia.
She must be in the kitchen.
I went to check and still no sight.
It was 10:13am, by this time Leia would have been drinking her coffee. I checked the counter where she placed her house keys. There was only my key there, she must have gone out.
I need to talk to Leia about what took place the other day.

I poured myself a cup of orange juice and turned on the Tv.
I flipped through some channels until I got to Doctor Who. Hopefully by the time I finish 3 episodes, Leia will be home.
--------------------------------------------
It's 5:08pm and still no sign of Leia. I've tried texting her 3 times, but still no response from her. I'm really starting to get worried, but maybe she just needs time.
My growling stomach interrupts my thoughts. Not that I remember I've been so busy worrying about Leia that I forgot to eat since breakfast.
I start heading to the kitchen to prepare some dinner.
The first simple thing that comes up to my mind is a salad with some grilled chicken.
I start seasoning some chicken as the lettuce is getting washed. After I finish I start turning on this small grill. I start chopping the lettuce and adding cucumbers, tomatoes, cheese, and any other vegetable I can find. As I finish grilling the chicken I hear some keys turning.
My stomach turns as I see Leia enter. Gosh. How much I wish I could go up to hug her.
"Hi Leia"
"Hey" she says so simple
"Are you hungry?"
"No."
Leia was definitely ascribe really strange. She would never reject any food.
"Where have you been? I've tried texting you 3 times."
She then looks at me cold and says "since when do you care."
ouch

Leia's POV
As I was turning the keys I try to calm myself down. In just not ready to face Alex yet.

After Kate dialed up Daniels number, we talked for a while.
It felt so good to hear his voice again, but something just felt different.
After we finished talking me and Kate just spent the whole day laying down and catching up on Awkward.
I've been trying to avoid going home, I wish I could stay here all day, but I know I have to face him.

I opened the door and I smelled chicken. Ugh damn you Alex.

"Hi Leia." He says softly.
"Hey" I tried so hard not to look at him, because I know I wouldn't take it.
I just haven't completely comprehended about everything that happened last night. It all went too quickly, but this is not the time to start remembering all that.

I went to my room and laid on my bed and put my Ed Sheeran playlist on shuffle as Drunk started playing.

Are you awake?

Daniel: yes babe, you ok?

Yes I just need to see you.

-------------------------------------------
It has been one week since the "incident" happened. I haven't really talked to Alex as much, most of the time I get out of work I go to my bedroom and talk to Daniel. Daniel and I have become close again, but I'm not sure if I can do a long distance again.

Maybe I should stop avoiding Alex. It wasn't his fault, he's just my friend and I don't want that mistake to ruin our friendship.

I need to fix our relationship.
I look at myself one last time before I exit my room. As I close my bedroom door I hear a familiar voice

No babe don't worry I'll make it tonight

Alright I'll see you at 9

He then looks at me and his smiles fades away.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to interrupt."

"No, no, no. Trust me Leia, you didn't interrupt." He says as he grabs both of my arms. I could feel his strong gaze on me, I start pushing his hands away and he then he turns my face where both of our eyes met.
"Can we talk tonight?"
"I thought you had plans?"
"Not no more."

I know I said this chapter will be better, but next chapter will be good! ✌🏻️🌚✌🏻