Chapter One: New

You just moved into town. This wasn't really that new to you, you've moved many times before because your dad always get new job offerings.

You knew what to expect. And honestly? You hated moving so much.

It's gonna be tough trying to adjust once again.

You thought unpacking your last bag. You then sighed, flopping on your bed looking at the ceiling. "Now I have to meet new people and see new faces." Oh god how you really disliked that. You disliked how whenever you finally settled down you had to go again. You disliked how whenever you made decent enough friends, you had to leave them!

Really not up for it..

You closed your (e/c) eyes and took a wiff of your new room. That 'New Home Feeling.'... You really hated this.

The door of your room suddenly opened and your mom emerged right in. "You okay hun?" She asked.

"Yeah, Just great." You lied through the skin of your teeth. "I love it here already." A fake smile appeared on your face.

"That's great! Me too! Hey (y/n)?"

"Yes mom?"

"I think, this will be our final move!"

"You said that last time didn't you?" You mentally rolled your eyes.

"Yes, but, I'm sure this time! The house is much bigger, and your father is actually taking a liking!"

"Pfffttt." You scoffed. "Alright mom I really hope so." And you did hope so.

**Time Skip, At School**

You stepped into your new school. OverTale High. ((Could not think of a name for my life)) You took a deep breath and looked around. Strange.. This is one of the schools where there are monsters and humans together. You've been to one before, but that was a long time ago and you have a vivid memory of it.

Wow, this is gonna be interesting.

That thought ran through your head as you searched for your locker.

"Damn, this school is huge." You whispered underneath your breath.

Before you knew it, you became dead lost. Like, totally lost. "Oh god, what the hell?" Something told you to ask someone for help, but you couldn't bring yourself up to it. You're too shy, plus it's a new school! You don't know anyone !

You leaned on the wall and looked at your phone so it looked like you weren't so lost. You texted your mom:

Mom! This school is too big! I can't find my locker!

Mom: Ask someone for help then sweety!

A groan escaped from your lips. She knows you can't just do that. She knows you're a shy champ.

"You look lost there, Kiddo." A deep smooth voice caught your attention and you turned your head, facing a short skeleton in a fluffy blue winter jacket.

"Oh, U-Uh Yes." You stammered, looking down at your shoes.

"Don't need to be shy." He chuckled lightly. "I'll show you around." He extended his boney hand at you. "I'm Sans. Sans the Skeleton." He greeted.

You stare at his hand for a moment before shyly grabbing it and shaking it."N-Nice to meet you." You spat out. He lazily winked. "That's your cue to tell me your name."

"Oh! I'm (y/n). I j-just moved here." You stuttered.

"Really? Cool." The skeleton boy tucked his hands in his pockets.

After some small chat, Sans had helped you find your locker and gave you a tour of the school. Well, most of it. During the time, you felt as if you made a friend. You found out he likes jokes and puns. Never have you laughed so much on a first day of school. You took a liking to this strange, skeleton guy.

I'm looking forward to seeing him more.

~×~×~×~×~×~××~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~

A/N: This is actually my first undertale ff too! There will obviously be introduction to other characters. I just hoped you enjoyed this. Please tell me how I did. I think I used 'You' way too much. But that's how a reader insert goes right? *shrug* I might change things up a bit. Thanks for reading I'll try to update a lot. BTW the art doesn't belong to me!
-Jay ❤