Chapter 2 - Footsteps in London (pt. 1)

Lana's POV

- I can't believe we are here. - Ella was almost screaming while she was holding my arm with all of her strength - Pinch me.

I was shocked with the beauty of the city and didn't answer her. Those buildings are incredibly beautiful. There's an amazing mix of antique and modern. If you look to one side you'll see a beautiful detailed building and on the other side a tall shiny skyscraper.

- Lana? - I heard Ella saying my name maybe for the fifth time (I think my brain decided to ignore). - Are you there?

- What? Yes. - I said not knowing what she was talking about.

- Jake is here - She pointed the car

Ella's POV

Jake is my cousin, his family moved to London when he was about 12 but now only Jake lives here. We will be staying in his apartment. Last time I saw him I was 16 and he went to visit us back at home, he met Lana that time so it they won't be living with strangers and it won't get weird.

- Hi Jake - I said entering the car right after Lana - Do you remember Lana?

- Yes sure - He looked back and smiled at her. - Hi Lana. Nice to see you again.

- Hi Jake - Lana blushed and look down. I didn't quite understand that. - Long time no see huh!? - She looked up and there was some hair on her face.

- You've grown into a very beautiful woman - He started the car. I didn't understand that either. - You too Ella.

After a few minutes we arrived at Jake's building.

- Wow - Lana whispered to herself. - That's... Wow

- She's obsessed with buildings - I whispered to Jake and he laughed quietly.

- I know - He said.

- What.

- Nothing.

- Oh lord! This building is so freaking amazing. - Lana came into the conversation and stopped me from questioning Jake.

- Come on girls let's go inside. I bet you guys want to rest. - Jake made a signal for us to follow him - Don't worry about your bags, they'll be upstairs in a few minutes.

We got inside the building and I could see Lana's face lightening up every step we took. It's cute how she's very passionate about this.

- Here we are - Jake opened the door and we could see an amazing penthouse apartment. - Ladies first. Your rooms are over there. - He pointed to the end of a three door hallway - And that other door is the bathroom. I'll let you guys organize yourselves.

- Ok. - Me and Lana said together as we walked towards the rooms.- Lana - I called her as I closed the door of her bedroom - Can I speak to you for a bit.

- Sure - I she said while sat on the bed - How did our bags got here before us? - She asked while pointing to the bags on the corner of the room.

- I really don't know. But hey I still need to talk to you.

- Ok. I'm worried now.

- Oh no don't be. It's nothing bad. I just think you and Jake acted a little early in the car earlier. Why?

She stood up very quickly, took a few steps ahead and turned around to face me.

- I..I... No. It wasn't weird. Maybe you're just imagining stuff.

- You stuttered! - I stood up and got very closed to her - That means something. Can you please tell me what happened in the car?

- Okay. - She sat on the bed and I sat right beside her - I promised to myself that I would never tell this to anyone but you're my best friend so yeah.

- How long have you been hiding this?

- Let me just say and you can get mad at me later. Remember last time Jake went to visit his parents and the rest of your family?

- Yeah.

-  And you brought him with you to Sam's party, but you went dancing with Josiah and he was all alone and I went to talk to him. We spent all night drinking and talking. We had an amazing time.

- That's it?

- No. The morning after the party I woke up to a text from him asking me out. I had nothing to do all day so I accepted. We went to a walk on the beach and to a cute little coffee shop. The time flew by. We had so much in common and we talked about everything. Around 5 o'clock we went back to the beach to watch the sunset. We were sitting on the sand and he turned my head so I could stare into his eyes. He kissed me. It was perfect. He was so romantic. We went out that whole week. It was one of the best weeks of my life. But then he left, it was really hard getting over him. Even though it was a short thing I was really into him.

- OMG! WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME?

- Please don't be mad. I was protecting myself from being in more pain. And imagine if your family knew. It would be very weird. I mean, at that time he was 22 and I was 17. I don't know. I'm sorry I didn't tell you. And I don't even know why we acted weird in the car, like, it was 3 years ago.

- Do you still feel anything for him?

- I don't think so. I mean he's looking way way way better that he did at that time, he got all of that amazing tattoos and I stil think he's a nice guy and everything but I don't have feelings for him anymore.