She-Devil

Hands pressed tightly to hold together a broken hope. A choir of angels to carry away the pain of the past. And though these feelings have faded and died, their shadows still darken her doorstep from time to time. A cry out for deliverance arises once again. And a terror from underneath begins to peel away the artificially made perfection scene. Hiding these shameful secrets is a task, indeed, but she'd do anything to cover her dark memories from the eyes of the picture perfect American family. Falling on her knees, "Repent". She cries thinking of all her vain attempts at a boastful lifestyle. Of days spent reading magazines and molding herself to fit in their laminated porcelin skin. Smoothing her hair in an arrogant fashion that ensures her entry into this high-class affair. Trailing behind those secrets, those shameful secrets again. She can never control when they appear, and she's so insecure they start to tear her apart. She's sacrificed her heart and love for this moment. This moment surrounding and swallowing her. And her insides tremble with a sickness, a social disease. Rumors, glamour, and money stole her love. Greed replaced her passion and how sad her soul has become. Fleeing every childhood safe haven of comfort and caring. Abandoning all the happiness she once had in her life. All for fifteen seconds of fame and a million dollar kiss that had zero sentimental value. Around every corner she'll look for a place filler for the void in her heart. And it will go unanswered until she accepts the sad truth of her wasted years.