Ch.18

I finished my first 3 classes of the day and my last two were in about an hour so I had time to head up to my room.

I flung my door open to see Brennan in tears.

I dropped my stuff by the door and ran to him.

"Brennan,what's wrong?"I ask taking a seat beside him and I begin rubbing his back

He turned around and hugged me not saying anything just crying on my shoulder.

"H-h-his -d-d-d-dead"Brennan's words rang in my ears.

"Who's dead?"I ask confused

"D-dad"I felt a sharp pain in the heart.I began to cry

His dad was so nice and generous I can't believe this happened.

"Does Katie know?"I ask as he pulls away from the hug of ours

"Yes"He says whipping away tears with a sigh

I grabbed my phone and texted Katie.

Hey Katie do u wanna come up to my room and we can all talk Xx Annie

After 10 long minutes of pure crying I heard a knock at the door.

I opened the pale brown door to find Katie soaked in her own tears.

I hugged her and she cried into my shoulder.

We broke and she went straight to Brennan.They hugged each other so tight I swear I have never seen them this close before.

"What are we going to do for the funeral?"Katie asks as they break away from each other.

"I don't know but I think it would be best we we drove home to see Ryan and Mom"He says walk over to me and whipping away my tears.

"Yeah I think that's a good idea"I say  just before my lips are connected with Brennan's.

"We should let everyone know to pack because tomorrow we are going on a road trip"Katie giggles through her tears