thirteen

The Styles' household is silent. And not that peaceful silence when everyone's asleep; no, this is an eerie silence where everyone is awake and thinking a million things a minute. Upon arriving home Liam - who for the whole car ride was practically biting down on his fist to stop any loose sobs - immediately ran up to his room, slamming and no doubt locking his door.

Obviously Harry wanted to check on him, but at the same time he knew Liam wouldn't want that, so instead he stayed downstairs with Niall. He made his youngest a sandwich seeing as though they never got to eat dinner and texted Louis on an update about cleaning everything up. And bless his heart because Louis could only assure Harry that everything was fine and that he'll stop by within twenty minutes.

And true to his word Louis was arriving at the house twenty minutes later only he wasn't alone. Along with him he had a wide awake and curious Zayn as well as a glum looking Andy tagging along behind him.

"Hi Andy, it's nice to see you love," Harry says as he hugs his son's best friend. "How was your grandparent's anniversary party?"

"It was nice," Andy says with a sad smile. "Um, can I go see Liam?"

"I think he would appreciate that. He's up in his room," Harry says and Andy is quick to nod from there before running up the stairs.

So now it was just Louis and Harry downstairs - Zayn was already exploring - and slowly Louis opened up his arms which Harry was quick to dive into.

"He was crying," Harry whimpered into Louis' chest. "I haven't seen him cry in years."

"I know, I know, but luckily you're an amazing dad so you know how to handle this. You're already doing a good job by letting him have a bit of alone time," Louis soothed as he held the man's head to his chest.

The two stayed like that for a few more minutes before someone is knocking on the door, signalling for Harry to retreat from the arms he'd die to remain in. The man wiped his face a bit before opening the door only to be greeted by his mum who is sporting a soft smile along with his sister and her own daughter. Harry greets them both with a small kiss to the cheek before guiding them into the house.

So now Harry, Louis, Anne, and Gemma are situated in the family room all talking quietly while Niall shows his older cousin Jade (Gemma's daughter) how to use the remote control helicopter as Zayn watches on in awe. As the adults stay talking for a couple more minutes, Anne tells Harry to go check on Liam while she whips everyone up a quick dinner for the lot of them. So with Harry upstairs and Anne in the kitchen, it was just the three kids, Louis, and a curious eyed Gemma.

"So, you're dating my little brother?" Gemma asks with a raised brow and serious face which causes Louis to immediately sit up.

"Um, yeah- I mean yes," Louis stutters.

"How'd you meet him?" She asks.

"A mutual friend of ours, uh, Ashto-"

"What do you do?"

"I'm a teacher at-"

"You were married before?"

At first Louis was confused at the question but then Gemma gestures to Zayn who was walking into the kitchen, and immediately Louis' eyes widen.

"No! No-"

"So where's your son's mother then?"

However, before Louis could answer Harry was walking back down the stairs, eyes wide in embarrassment as he hears what his sister was asking Louis.

"Gemma! That's enough, okay? Louis you don't have to answer her about anything," Harry says with a glare set on his sister."Gemma, can we have a word in the kitchen?"