six

The first week of school passes by much faster than Louis was intending it to which he thankful for, however, it only makes his nerves increase faster as well. Throughout the week Harry and Louis had been texting one another‒small talk like asking how each other's days were and whatever‒ and at one point or another they agreed on having their date that Friday.

At the moment Louis was home with Zayn, the small boy drawing with his art 2 go kit, while trying to figure out what to wear that night. Since he's the one that asked for the date, he decided the location so he knows the proper dress code, however, that still doesn't make him feel any better. The man has gone through his whole closet at this point, and the only thing he has succeeded in is making a mess.

"Dada, dirt," Zayn says while pointing to the room and Louis can only laugh.

"It is dirty, daddy's gonna need to pick this all up later," Louis says and Zayn just turns away which causes Louis to sigh. He knows Zayn is only two so conversation isn't actually instilled in him yet, but for some reason he can't help but think this is how things will always be.

As Louis begins to pick up some of the discarded clothes he hears the front door open, but before he could even ask who was there Ashton was walking into the room with a bag in tote.

"I honestly thought I would have gotten here before the mess started," Ashton says with a sigh as he rubs his face. "I brought you an outfit to wear on your date. Don't argue because it's perfect and I know you won't want to give it away."

Louis wanted to argue, however, instead he found himself peeking into the bag, and, yeah, Ashton knows him way too well.

"Thank you, I thought I was gonna have a breakdown," Louis says with a sigh and a genuine smile and Ashton just smiles in return.

"You have nothing to worry about. Harry likes you and even if you were to dress shitty‒which you don't‒ he probably wouldn't even notice because, let's be honest, have you seen some of the stuff he wears?" Ashton jokes and Louis can't help but laugh out loud at that.

From there Louis was able to leave Ashton to watch Zayn while he showered, shaved, and do whatever else he needed to do. He finished relatively fast in the shower, and within forty minutes he was showered, changed, groomed, and ready to go on his date.

"Are we ready to go?" Ashton asks and Louis just raises a brow at him.

"What do you mean we? Are you coming on this date, too?" Louis asks.

"No but I am gonna help Harry's kids watch Zayn, so I perfectly well mean we," Ashton replies. You see ever since that first instance with Zayn having an episode when Liam was watching him, the boy was slightly scared he had done something wrong and he wasn't sure he wanted to do that again and make his new teacher hate him. Also Ashton didn't want Louis to have to come home early again which is why he decided he would stay at the Styles' household in case he needed to calm Zayn down.

The three are quick to get into the car where Ashton then tells Louis every turn to make rather than looking up on his GPS before they pulling up to a set of community gates which required Louis to state whom he was visiting and then the guard had to confirm that before allowing him to drive through. Louis continued to drive for a few extra minutes before finally pulling into a two story home that had a couple bikes laid out by the front door, a few loose footballs, as well as a tire swing on the big tree covering the cars.

"H-He lives here?" Louis asks in astonishment as he lifts Zayn from his carseat in the back.

"Well he is a musician and producer," Ashton says casually and honestly Louis feels every nerve hit him like a ton of bricks at that moment. Like seriously how did he ever think that an English teacher like him with a two year old son could even think of being able to date someone as rich and successful as the Harry Styles.