"Okay, how do I look, Mani?" Lauren asked her best friend as she stepped out of the bathroom into her bedroom.

"Damn, you look hot girl!" Normani hollered making Lauren blush. Lauren sported her natural black hair and wore blue high-waisted skinny jeans, her white top that read "Let it rock," and black boots. (See picture)

"Thanks, so do you, mama," Lauren complimented the other dancer. Normani was sporting a red ruffle crop top with striped short shorts, sandals, and straightened blue hair.

"Alright, ready to go?" Lauren asked. Normani nodded and as soon as they were about to head out the door, Mike stopped them.

"You guys going to that party?" He asked.

"Yes, Papa but don't worry I'll say it again, I won't drink. I promise," Lauren assured her dad.

"You better not. And I'm only letting you go because you have showed me that I can trust you. Don't do anything stupid like last time. I don't want to get a call from the hospital telling me that you blacked out and need your stomach pumped again or whatever. Just don't do anything you're not supposed to."

"I know, Dad. You tell me and even Mani this all the time. I think grounding me for the summer taught me not to do anything bad again. I'm like too afraid. But, I know I can handle myself now," Lauren nodded.

Lauren had a past of partying too much during her junior year. In the beginning of the summer she went to a party and drank especially way too much that she passed out and had alcohol poisoning. She had to be rushed to the hospital to get her stomach pumped. Her parents were furious after she recovered and grounded her for the rest of the summer also forcing her to do house chores all day every day and even get a part-time job on the weekends. She was only allowed to leave the house when she left for work or to go to rehearsal for the musical. Her parents still let Lauren participate in the musical as it was her only chance to perform musical theater and she needed to practice to get into a good arts college. It was the only thing that kept her sane. Other than that she was on strict house arrest. She rarely saw her friends too. Whenever she could see them, it was only once a week and they had to come over to her house while her parents were home and that was it. Lauren's learned her lesson and vowed to not drink or at least not get drunk again.

"I know. Just making sure you know this. I love you both. Now, come here," Mike hugged the girls tightly, Lauren kissing him on the cheek. They soon left the house and got into the car.

"Tell Mom goodnight for me!" Lauren yelled to her dad as she got in the drivers seat of her Chevy Malibu. With that, they were on their way to a night that Lauren hoped would be awesome.

____________________________________________________________________

"Nice to see you guys!" Connor Wheeler, the host of the party, drunkenly greeted them as they got to the house.

"Nice to see you too, Connor," Lauren half smiled at him, shaking her head at how drunk he already was.

The party was already hype at 8:30. Many kids from the theater company, dance team, band, and a cappella groups were dancing and working on getting drunk. Lauren and Normani headed straight to the bar where people were taking shots and mixing drinks.

"Okay so what do you want to drink tonight, Miss Hamilton? I'll make you something," Lauren giggled.

"Are you sure? I know you can't drink but can you at least handle holding the bottle?" Normani asked with a concerned look but still paid the alcohol money collector.