nine [where your loyalties lie]

Barry walked into Jitters early in the morning, well early for Barry Allen, a smile glued to his face. People walked around, buzzing about something Barry had no clue about. Moving to the counter to order, Barry asks the barista what all the buzz is about, and it just so happened that the barista Barry asked not a second ago is Lauren.

"Didn't you here?" Lauren asked Barry, she thought with Iris writing stories about the Flash, he would know about the news.

"No, I must be living under a rock." Barry joked, earning a bright smile from Lauren.

"They're caught sight of 'The Burning Man.'" Lauren told Barry, she pulled out her phone to show Barry of the captured photo. As she held her phone out for the scientist to see, but notification popped up. A text from someone named Ellie Miller, it only made Barry even more confused. "You see?" Lauren was oblivious to the text that took residence on Lauren screen.

"Hey, I did some digging in Greenville, they don't know about anything involving you."

"What I do see is someone named Ellie texting you." Barry told Lauren, he watched as she pulled the phone in front of her face and read the text. Her face became something along the lines of nervous and possibly angry.

When Lauren read the text Ellie had sent her, she mentally cursed herself and hoped that Barry didn't see or read it. When she looked up at Barry, she knew that he saw it, so she hoped that he didn't have any suspicions about her. "Sorry about that," Lauren tried her hardest to act like that the text didn't effect her, "here." She showed Barry the original picture she wanted to show. She swiped on her phone a few times before handing Barry the phone.

When Barry saw the picture, his face went completely slack, he knew the person in the picture, kind of. He'd seen that face in a picture Caitlin showed him, it's Ronnie. But what Barry didn't get was why Ronnie didn't go to Caitlin immediately.

"Hey," Lauren's voice snapped Barry out of his thoughts, "sorry about making you wait for this, but, welcome to Jitters..." Lauren recited through the usual routine for greeting the costumers. "Okay, so what would you like?"

"I'll have an extra caffeinated coffee." Barry ordered after looking at all his choices.

"What are you doing? Planning to stay up all night?." Lauren teased Barry.

"Oh, trust me. I'll need it." Barry stated, knowing full well that it would be a long day with Ronnie... (Or should he say Martin Stein?) on the loose. As Barry waited, he smiled at a texting coming through on his own phone before quickly replying.

"What's got you so happy?" Lauren noticed his smile that glowed, it seemed like no one could wipe it off.

"I met an incredible girl." Barry rushed out and left after getting his coffee to go, leaving in the direction of the precinct. Barry pushed people out of his way to get to work once he noticed that he, once again, was late. Just to Barry's luck, when he sat down to start his work, Captain Singh stormed into the lab.

"Hey!" The captain called, warning Barry that he would be in the lab any second. "Where is the fiber results?" Groaning, Barry sped around the lab, completing the results with his enhanced speeds so he wouldn't be fired.

"Right on that table." Barry pointed to the mentioned table when Captain Singh walked into the lab.

"Thanks, Allen." The captain nodded in appreciation. He glanced around he notices all the papers littering the labs' floor, "Clean this up. It's a mess."