Chapter Twenty-Three: The Jewels

Start from the beginning

   "That's not the same thing and you know it." Jeremy spat at Charles, moving towards him till they were face to face.

   "And how is it not. I didn't put a gun to my brothers head and pull the trigger. I think I have more say in this."

   I didn't want to think of it. I didn't want to see his face in my mind when it happened. But the images came flying back. Hitting me in the face at full speed. The screams of a scared Symon, who was cowering on the ground away from my father in the dark woods.

   I had followed the sounds of there yelling, It had woken me up. And when I heard the back door slam shut I had leapt to my feet and followed them into the woods.

   And there they where. My father held a gun in his hand. Pointing it to my brother. My baby brother. He kept yelling Its all your fault. It was all your fault I remember tackling my father to the ground. And taking the gun from his hands.

   I could never forget the look in his eyes. That sad, depressed, all hope is gone look that he had.

   "Please Silas. I can't take it anymore. I can't do this anymore." Tears streamed down his face. He kept begging me. Telling me how lonely he is. How he couldn't be alone anymore.

   I sat there on top of him. Tears pouring from my own eyes, as I shook my head no to him.

   I remember feeling his fingers grasp my hand. And bring them up to his head. "Silas please. I can't live like this. I can't be happy here. You're ready. I know you're ready. Please. Just please."

   It was selfish. His act was so selfish. I was his only biological child. Though I didn't know it at the time. He let out one last plea, before I whispered a faint "I love you, dad" to him, and he whispered it back to me. And with his hand over mine the trigger was pulled.

   I sat up from my seat, and ran towards the trash can that sat by the door, and threw up the leftovers to my lunch.

   I could hear yelling behind me. Jeremy, and Darren, Charles voice. But I heard no words. Just empty sound waves of there voices.

   My eyes blurred as I turned myself back towards the group of people. Spitting before I did so. There was a blond figure in front of me. Eli. He held a cup towards me.

   "Here mate. Clean yourself up." He mumbled, his eyes looking as tired as I felt. I nodded my head. taking the water in my hand. gurgling and then spitting it back in the trash.

   I opened the door, and pushed the trash out the door, nodding to Shepard as I did.

   I closed the door and let out a sigh, before squaring my shoulders and looking Charles in the eyes.

   "What do you want."

   "Well. When Marshall left the pack, a day or so after Symon was born. He had taken the Shiftwind jewels with him. Those jewels are very important to, not just me. But our family. And seeing Symon has no idea what they do. I would like them back. To protect them."

   "I've never seen any jewels in my house that didn't belong to my mother. And when she died she had a will that instated them to her cousin in Vermont." I state returning to my spot besides Darren.

   "I would like to search the house. Just for a safety measure." I looked over to Darren, who looked towards me at the same time. He just shrugged his shoulders before turning back to attention.

   "Elis, Shepard, Jeremy, and Julian will go with you. And you alone. The rest of your group can stay here. Take Lucca with you. Have Tyla and Graham take him to he cells." I tell them . Charles nods his head before going towards the door.