THREE

• Dedicated to Auston McLellan (RIP)

[**WARNING: Contains Gory Details in this chapter!! Read at your own risk**]
ALSO***play the video as you read; it adds to the sadness and the theme of the chapter :')

**Special Author's Note**

This chapter is dedicated to one of my fellow classmates, Auston McLellan (17), who recently died in a single vehicle collision with a utility pole while drag racing on a street near BOTH of our houses. He was on his way home from a football celebration event with all of his teammates and coaches.

He will be forever missed & remembered :')

#14Strong

Auston TAYLOR McLellanDecember 13, 1995—August 18, 2013

December 13, 1995

August 18, 2013

(**Another Picture in the MEDIA above!! Along with a Lyric video**)

~Tessa(:

_________________________________

~ | **-**-**-- | R | --**-**-** | ~

Chapter THREE

I focused on nothing else except getting to the blast zone as quickly as my feet could carry me. I had to know if Kyle was okay. He had to be!

Please be alright... Please–please–please!

I skidded to a stop when I reached the edge of the smoldering remains of the demolished suburb, the stench of sulfur invading my senses. I heard the others run up behind but I kept my eyes forward, searching around for the source of the blast.

Unfortunately, it didn't take very long.

"GUYS! Over here!" Jackie's far off voice called from somewhere among the smoldering rubble. I was the first to reach her, and my heart instantly dropped to the pit of my stomach. What I saw would haunt me for the rest of my puny life...