I Trust You

I wanted to see him again, there were so many questions I needed to ask him...he was making me feel crazy for even caring. He's a psycho killer and I felt so attached to him, what does that say about me?

     There was something about his past that made me feel so guilty and sad for him, now because of it he only sees darkness and anarchy. He's lost faith in humanity.

     It was all over the news to stay inside tonight, that The Joker was out again, doing what he does best, causing anarchy.

     My back door slid open to reveal The Joker standing there, his face and his shoulder bleeding through his make up and clothes.

     "What happened...?" I walked closer and was surprised as he didn't pull away.

     "That rat with wings, I need your help."

     I led him to the bathroom and had him stand in front of the counter near the sink. He took his jacket and his button down shirt off and I felt even more guilty for looking at him the way I did. He looked so normal and fit aside from a few scars on his sides. There were tattoos spread across his chest and when I looked at his shoulder, blood poured from a knife wound.

     I cleaned and dressed the wound as best as I could, he flinched and gently grabbed my other wrist as I cleaned it. I then looked up to see him staring at me, this time his expression was almost soft as his fingers slowly let go.

     I hesitated, "I can clean the cut on your face, but I have to take your makeup off first," my tone was hesitant and cautious. He looked so calm and so normal.

     He slowly nodded his head and whispered, "It's bad...the scars."

     "We all have scars that we aren't proud of, whether they're on the outside or on the inside, it doesn't matter," he was almost vulnerable looking up at me while I wiped all of the make up off.

     His lips were as normal as anyone could imagine, but the areas next to them were butchered, two long jagged cuts creating an artificial smile across his face, even as he was frowning at me. He scrunched his eyes shut and pulled away a few times from the unfamiliar contact.

     "Why did you come to me, Jack?" I said feeling his hand grip my wrist again as I cleaned the wound, part of this was to distract him and the other part was to ease my curiosity.

     "I don't know," he wasn't the Joker anymore, not in this moment, in this moment he was just a man, "I trust you."

     "Why?" I tried to avoid looking into his eyes.

     "Because you're everything I'm not. You see the potential, the good in people, all I see is the bad. All I see is betrayal and anarchy. I see hate. You aren't scared of me, Jesse. When I looked into your eyes the first time I saw you, something changed..." he hung his head and ran a hand through his hair, "I didn't want you to die, I didn't want to hurt you. I looked into your eyes and I felt something."

     He looked up at me and rested his hand so softly on my face I could hardly even understand what was going on, he whispered, "Why...?"

     He leaned in and rested his lips against mine, his hand found its way to my back, pulling me against him. My fingers got lost in his hair as he caressed my cheek. My lips parted against his as I softly touched his face, careful to not touch his scars.