Snap (Sean POV) Pt. 2

Start from the beginning

"Sean! Baby does not need another check up! Phil already checked his vitals, and he is perfectly healthy Sean," Sang sternly tells me, looking me straight in the eye. 

"But what if he missed something? You know what they say, two doctors are better than one!" I try to reason. 

Sang gives me "the look" and tilts her head. 

"I have full trust in Phil, Sean. And don't you think all those checkups yesterday were already excessive?" 

"I..I... Well... I don't think they were too bad..."

Phil laughs, "How many checkups did you even do, Sean?"

I look down at the ground really not wanting to meet my mentor's eyes. Thinking about it now, they were a little much I guess... But not like I'd ever admit that to Pookie. In my attempt to avoid Phil's eyes, I make contact with Sang's. She gives me another "look". 

"Not much, like ... fubateen..." I mumble. 

"What? Numbers, Sean," Phil says. 

"Fubafubateen..." 

Phil and Sang both raise an eyebrow. 

"Like... fourteen..." I finally admit.  

Phil hoots in delight and slaps my back. 

"Just wait until I tell my wife! She said that 11 checkups per birth were bad! Ha! She won't be able to say anything now!" 

Sang and I just blink at him. Strange old man... He really needs something to do in his spare time now... 

"Well, I think I will be on my way. Tell the other boys I am sorry I can't stay any longer to catch up with them. Academy board meeting, they're talking about another team like yours, Sean. They have lot these past few years, but I haven't seen any teams other than yours, the Andersons, and the Tomas work out." 

Psh of course. That's because those teams were missing my awesomeness. 

Sang smiles sweetly at the old man and tells him, "Of course Phil. You and Sara really need to come visit once we get Kamden settled in. And tell mama Sara hello for me, will ya?" 

Phil smiles back, "Of course I'll tell her. She'll be waiting by the phone for your call Sang." 

Phil and his wife, Sara, became like Sang's adoptive parents once she became Academy. He even walked her down the aisle on our wedding day. 

Phil turns around and walks back to the direction of the hospital, and I turn around and scoop Sang into my arms. Ahh... I missed this. Being away from her for 10 hours and 43 minutes was torture... Not that I was counting or anything pshh... She fits so well in my arms, and her skin smells divine. Very sweet and motherly. 

"Ah Sean put me down!" Sang giggles, "I still have all the baby fat!"

"I'd rather not, Pookie. Plus, I rather like you with the baby fat. I always thought you were too skinny to begin with." 

She turns around in my arms and pouts at me. 

"C'mon, I think it's about time we fed Kamden," Sang says crawling out of my arms. 

====

After getting a little spit sample from Kamden for the DNA, which honestly was not hard because babies drool like Niagra Falls, Pookie and I are curled up in the hospital bed, with Kamden in my arms. He is the most beautiful baby I have ever seen. Except for the future Pookie and Sean combo, because hey, who can beat the cutest pair? Imagine a North and Sang combo ahah... A little blonde with the dark scowl of North.