Snap (Sean POV) Pt. 2

(unedited)

I feel like I am frozen. I think there is a medical term for it, but I can't think of it. Owen would be disappointed. All those years of medical school down the drain for Pookie. Or without Pookie. The room is empty. 

I can feel my breath speeding up and hitching in my throat. Where is she? And Kamden? Kamden should not be out right now! What if someone kidnapped them? Then what were the Academy security guards doing? And the people in the security room! This is the Academy hospital for god's sake! The Academy safe haven. 

I look around the room. The bed is perfectly made, and the flowers Dr. Snow delivered yesterday are still sitting in a vase on the side table. The bag Gabe packed for Pookie is still sitting in the small wardrobe next to Little Man's diaper bag. As I slowly circle the room, I peek out the window and nearly scream in relief. 

Pookie and Dr. Roberts, or Phil now that he is retired, are walking around the Academy garden with Kamden in tow. She looks beautiful, her face flushed from the cool morning air, and Kamden-
Wait, if her cheeks are flushed, Kamden must be cold! The dark blue and green stroller he is in is not warm enough! He's going to get sick! What is Phil thinking with my son! 

After staring at the pair for a few seconds,my feet finally kick into gear and I'm rushing to the elevator like the Flash. I bang on the 'down' elevator button like North would, and pound on the ground floor button once the doors open. 

I run like a mad man through the lobby, much to the horror of the nurses and the secretaries. 

"Dr. Green! Your son is-," Nurse Jackie tries to tell me. 

"I fucking know! He's going to get hyperthermia from being outside! What does Phil think he's doing with my son?" I tell back at her. 

She stares at me in shock, but I turn on my hells before she can say anything. 

I rush into the rose garden, almost slipping on the damp cobble stone. Sang and Phil seem deep in a conversation, and Sang's pushing the little stroller. 

I rush up to the trio, almost knocking down Phil in the process. 

"What are you doing? Kamden is going to get sick from this cold air! And Sang, you still need to be resting! You shouldn't be up! At least be in a wheel chair! What if you fell and got seriously hurt? What would we do? Do you know how North would react? How all of us would? We can't loose you, especially not now!"

There is silence after my outburst, as Sang and Phil just stare at me in disbelief. 

Then they burst into laughter. I stand there confused as to why they were laughing about health. Phil is a doctor and Pookie is a nurse, so they should understand the gravity of the situation. 

Sand finally calms down enough to get some words out. 

"Oh Sean, Phil and I were just talking here. And if you haven't noticed, it's 9:30 in the morning in July, so the air is already 80°. Kamden has a hot water bottle with him under his blankets. I gave birth almost a whole day ago, and I needed some air, Dr. Sean. Phil came up this morning about an hour ago, and he suggested the walk." 

I pause, and look down. Gabe insisted that we get the stroller with the removable carrier that works as a car seat and has a small little bench on the front facing the stroller pusher. Luke loved the idea because we wanted to sit down when he got tired. North smacked him for the comment. Staring at Kamden, I wonder how I could have missed the water bottle. The top is peeking out of his bundle of blankets, and his green eyes are looking up at me. His lips aren't blue, the first sign of not having hyperthermia, and I reach my hand under his blanket a little. He feels warm enough. I check his forehead. Hm... Feels like 98 degrees F. I pull my stethoscope from around my neck, lift off the first layer of blankets, and am just about to make contact with Kamden's chest before Sang's little hand stops me.