Skull Rock

I woke up before everyone else and decided to go pick some berries and find water. I got up and was out for an what seemed like about an hour. When I got back I about dropped everything I was carrying. Who is that, I thought. I went over and sat next to Regina.
       She'll know who it is.
       "Who is that," I whispered to Regina.
       "It's Rumple's son, Baelfire, or Neal, whatever."
       "Oh," I answered. As I listened to the conversation I started to know what was going on. Peter was getting ready to take Henry's heart.
       "Do you have any idea where he would be Brooklyn," Neal asked me
       "Yeah, he uh, he'd be at skull rock," I said struggling to get the words out for I knew I was going on a mission that could only end with Peter's death. I knew that he wasn't the boy that I knew so long ago, but that didn't mean that I wanted him dead. There was still a part of me that thought of him as a brother.
       "Then let's go save our son," Emma said getting up.
       "Yeah," everyone, except for me yelled, I just gave a halfhearted smile and looked over at Syren who was oblivious to my pain.
       She doesn't know him like I do, I thought. Emma motioned for me go ahead and start leading them.
       Here we go, you can do this Brook. Don't think of all the good times. Don't think about how he spent his whole life trying to prove that the world got your story wrong. Think of how he tried to kill you. Think of his betrayal.
       "Well hello dearie," a familiar voice said. I turned around and saw him, Rumplestiltskin, "You!" Rumplestiltskin and I have a rather complicated past.
       "What the hell do you want," I yelled.
       "I'm here for the same reason as you, to save Henry, my Grandson," he answered.
       "No, he's not," Neal spoke up.
       "Bae, I told you I'm not here because of the prophecy."
       "What prophecy," Emma asked.
       "The prophecy that says Henry is his undoing," Neal answered.
       "Please Bae I'm only here to help," Rumple said pleadingly, and for a moment I almost felt sorry for him.
       No don't feel bad for him. He doesn't deserve it, but neither do you. Then I said something I never thought I'd say ever, in a million years even, "Let him help. I'll stay with him, make sure he doesn't do anything bad."
       "Fine," Emma said, "go on." And with that, we left, no doubt on a mission to kill the one person who knows everything about me, the one person that lived through it all with me, the one boy who has ever loved me.
*************************************
As Rumplestiltskin and I crossed the water to Skull Rock I couldn't shake the awful feeling of guilt, even though I hadn't even done anything yet.
       We rowed into Skull Rock and   Rumplestiltskin said, "We're here dearie." With that same annoying tone pulling out a Very small box with symbols on the sides and a big ruby on top. "What's that," I asked wonder intruding into my voice. "Pandora's box," he answered without batting an eye.
The Pandora's box! We're going to trap him in that! Then as if someone slapped me across the face, realization dawned on me; We're going to trap him in that.
"Alright come on, lets go," I said sighing and walking ahead of him hoping that he didn't see the tears threatening to fall down my face. We walked up some stairs and then came into a very large room with an hourglass in the center.
"Why hello you two! Well, I never thought I would see you guys in the same room together after well, you know," Pan said bursting onto the scene.
"You," Rumplestiltskin hissed.
"Oh hostile, I see how it is Rumple. Why so quiet Brooklyn?"
He wanted something I could tell by that awful twinkle in his eyes and the way his lips turned up into a dramatic smirk.
"What do you want Pan," I asked harshly not in the mood to play his games.
"Oh so it's Pan now."
"Your not Peter anymore," I said smoothly as if I hadn't just spoken what I had been feeling inside since that day that Pan held me against a tree and tried to slit my throat. Pan looked as if I had just stabbed his heart out, but he recovered quickly.
"I want you two to come back and help me."
"Now why would we do that," Rumplestiltskin sent a death glare towards Pan. "Because we are family, I've helped you before Brooklyn, even when you were wrong. And, did I rebel against you? No I did not."
       I thought about his reasoning for a moment before telling him, "Oh not only did you rebel against me you tried to kill me."
        "Brooklyn we've been over this I'm sorry lets move on! Together we can have the happy ending we always dreamed of!"
       I laughed slightly, darkly, at how desperate he was before glaring at him and saying, "You ruined that option when you tried to slit my throat back in Everland."
       Then in the blink of an eye he pulled out Pandora's Box, "I didn't want to have to do this Brook." Then all of a sudden Rumplestiltskin was gone.
"H-How did you-"
       "Oh Brook this is Neverland all you have to do is think of something and you'll have it," Pan interrupted me. "Now come on we are going to finish what you helped start."
       "And why would I ever do that."
       "Because if you don't, then you'll end up in this little box, just like my son here."
       "He's your son?!"
       "Oh don't act so surprised. Hurry up, we have work to do."
       I was about to help kill an innocent child, and yet to say I was upset wouldn't be exactly the right way to put it. I was angry, I was sad, and in a way I felt numb. I could never show my emotions easily, it was a skill I developed over the years.
       "Is it time," the boy that I recognized to be Henry asked without the slight knowledge that he was about to die. I felt my eyes water slightly but blinked to hold them back, afraid that I might give the plan up.
       Just as Henry was about to give over his heart Regina, Syren, Emma, Bae, Snow, and David cam busting in.
       "HENRY NO," they all yelled at pretty much the same time. Then I felt eyes fall on me I looked at them and all I saw was a mix of anger and betrayal. I could deal with the entire world hating hell, I already have, but what I couldn't deal with was Regina and mostly Syren hating me.
"Brooklyn," Syren muttered sadly.
I knew I had to keep up the charade for at least a while longer or Peter would kill many more people than just Henry. "Why yes! You didn't really think I could stay good forever did you Syren?"
"But you are good Brooklyn, you always have been! You can't just kill an innocent boy."
"But he's not going to die, he's going to save magic," I said smiling my most convincing smile. I knew it was a lie he would die and he definitely wasn't saving magic, but he didn't have to know that.
"No he's not saving magic he's only helping Pan and if he does he will die," Emma yelled.
"They're lying Henry! They know that if you do this then you won't be able to leave Neverland," Peter lied, again.
"He's lying Henry, don't do it ," Baelfire said.
       "Dad," Henry asked with wonder.
       "What a wonderful family reunion," Peter said with hatred, "Henry we don't have much time."
      Then with a simple "I'm sorry," from Henry he shoved his heart into Pan's chest. Henry then proceeded to fall to the hard floor of the cave, with that Pan flew away with a smirk leaving me to be ripped apart by Emma and company.
       "What the hell Brooklyn," Regina screamed so loud that the lost girls all the way in Everland could probably hear her.
       I looked over at her seething expression and broken down sobbing. "I'm so sorry," I told the entire group that had taken me in as family only for me to betray them.
"Oh what ever, I've heard that enough from you," Syren scoffed making me cry harder, I've never seen her this angry before.
"You don't understand! If I didn't 'help' him he would have killed me!"
"I'm sure," Syren said sarcasm dripping from her words like blood from a fresh wound.
"What can I do to gain your trust again. Please I'm so sorry I understand if you just want me to just leave, but please Syren, you know me you know I would never do this," I cried desperately trying to explain myself.
       "Go to Hooks ship with Hook and watch the lost boys," Regina said shortly, "let's go get my son's heart back."
       "Ok," I answered leaving for the ship in a puff of blood red smoke.
*************************************
       I stood at the Forecastle Deck leaning on the railing of the Jolly Rodger, the group had comeback awhile ago, Henry and Rumple were back but Peter wouldn't be back anytime soon at all. I had asked them to stop by Everland to grab the Lost Girls to take them to Storybrooke, they said they would.
       I stood trying to remember the happy times with Peter instead of the horror that just took place. Like the time when we were about ten and we built a fire then sat looking at the sunset and dreamt about the future we hoped to have. Or all the times he visited me at the asylum when the guards had to drag us away from each other. Then all the times in Everland when we would play games such as hide and seek with the Lost Girls.
"What are you thinking about Brook," Henry's small voice broke me out of my thoughts. I smiled when I remembered how Peter used to always ask me that.
"Oh nothing," I told him not looking away from the sea. I didn't want to tell him how great of a person the boy who just tried to kill him was. He'd never want to hear me talk about Peter that way anyway, he wouldn't care.
"Oh come on, your smiling like crazy, you have to be thinking something good," he persisted.
"Just the better days I guess," I laughed slightly.
"With Peter?"
"Yeah, I know you probably hate his guts for what he did to you, hell, if I were you I'd hate him too, but he wasn't always that way, there was a time when he was just a sweet, normal little boy," I laughed a little and shook my head looking down then back up at Henry, hardly even believing that those memories were true. "There was a time when I was too. I think that each of us are still those children deep down. I'm sorry for rambling, you probably don't care about this."
       "No, no I do I mean we share the same memories," the child beside me said.
       What the hell is that supposed to mean?! No, no it can't be!
       "Peter," I whispered a little too loud.
       "Indeed," Henry, no, Peter smirked.
       Bloody hell!