Saved

I am sure that after these last few days my face will be forever tear stained. I looked over at Syren and started crying. She was asleep, like always, but that's not what upset me. She had bruises and scratches on her face from all the magic that Peter had used against her. I knew that Syren's father had abused her before she came to EraMore so that made it worse, seeing her with those bruises and scratches that may latter become scars. I heard footsteps approaching and closed my eyes to pretend to be asleep in fear that it was Peter. Sure enough it was. "Wake up," Peter said clapping to wake us both up even though I wasn't asleep. "Peter please, do whatever you want to me, but please don't hurt Syren." "Where's the fun in that though. You see if you ask me to do something, then of course I won't do it," he told me smirking the whole time. Why did I bring him here? This is all my fault. Soon enough silent tears came pouring out of my eyes, as Peter untied a weak Syren who struggled to stand. "Stop,"I yelled at Peter, clutching the rope, wishing for my powers, but that stupid cuff was stopping them. I tried to focus on somehow using my powers to save Syren and I, instead of the magic duel that Peter was obviously winning. All of a sudden I looked up and Syren was on the forest floor and was chocking and I saw Peter squeezing his hands using his magic to chock her. Suddenly surprising even myself I screamed, "NO,"'as my hands burned the ropes with magic that I shouldn't have been able to use due to the cuff. "How-How did you do that," Peter asked fear in his voice as he stopped what he was doing to Syren. I walked to him and brought my hand up and started squeezing as he grabbed his neck and started coughing. All of a sudden he fainted I stopped then, I couldn't kill him, I still saw him as the boy that would sit and talk to me about his dreams and laugh with me. I pulled Syren up and pulled her along as I ran with her. "Hurry Syren . We have to get as far away as possible!" "I can't," she responded sounding weak. "Please Syren," I begged tears in my eyes as I looked at her in her awful condition, "just follow me I will bloody carry you if I have to!" "Ok then, less walking for me," she said throwing her arms up for me to carry her. "I wasn't exactly serious," I muttered to myself. "What was that Brook?" "Nothing," I said picking her up. "That's what I thought, now run Brooklyn, run," she said pointing forward. I went as fast as I could with Syren in my arms until I bumped into someone and fell taking Syren down with me. "Hey watch it you- Regina," I finally smiled when I saw who it was. "What happened to her," Hook said looking at Syren. I about threatened him myself until I heard Syren say, "I am right here no need to act like I am a ghost you stupid barnacle bearded one handed thing you call a pirate." "Oh I like her," Regina said smiling, "But really what happened to you two, we have been looking everywhere for you." "Peter captured us because I told you all that I was a spy. I am ok, but I don't know about Syren he about killed her to get to me mentally I broke us out but they're probably still looking for us we should leave here, fast." "Brook, did you use magic to break out," Hook asked. "Yeah why, oh yeah that I don't know how I did that with this thing on." "Why couldn't she have used magic," Mary Margret asked unknowingly. "You see that cuff she has on, well Pan created it to stop the person wearing it from using magic. It doesn't work on Pan but everyone else it does, I guess except Brook." I tried to think of a logical explanation as to why I could use my magic, but I couldn't. "Well kid I guess your more powerful than I thought," Regina said smiling. "Yeah I guess so."
*************************************
Syren and I dragged along towards the back of the group. I looked at her and couldn't help but feel like it was all my fault for what happened to her. "Syren I'm sorry." "Why?" "Because it's all my fault that you got hurt. If I would have just done my job like I was supposed to you wouldn't have gotten hurt. So I'm sorry," I said looking at her as my guilt overthrew me. "It's not your fault. It would have happened anyway. If not to me than to someone else. If anything you helped show me the right side to be on. You helped show me how awful Peter really is. And now because of you, we are going to help stop him." I couldn't help the joy that I felt. Then I did something that I have never done, I hugged Syren. "I love you Syren, you know like a sister." "I love you too Brook, like a sister."