20. Dealing with Sherlock.

Filler chapter...

Sherlock and John went to the canteen for dinner. When they arrived, the canteen was empty already. Obviously, it's eight pm and dinner was around six pm. The employees were already cleaning up the place, chairs standing on the table, the smell of cleaning products was present inside. Luckily there were still some sandwiches laying on the counter. John asked the canteen woman if he can take one.

While he asked, Sherlock received a notification on his phone. 'New mail from DI Lestrade.' Somehow Sherlock couldn't open it with his phone so he told John to hurry up. Instead of eating in the canteen, they will eat into their room; since Sherlock wanted to leave and since they already started to clean the canteen.

John grabbed a sandwich and asked Sherlock if he also wanted one. Sherlock shook his head. John knowing that Sherlock didn't eat this morning grabbed another sandwich for him.

John and Sherlock were walking inside their room, John walked straight to the table in the corner of the room, and placed the plastic tray with the sandwiches down onto the table. Meanwhile, Sherlock grabbed his laptop and flopped down onto his bed. Opening the lid of the computer rapidly, John turned around, glaring at his boyfriend.

"Aren't you going to eat?" John asked, taking a bite of his sandwich.

"I told you, I didn't want one. I need to check my mail." Sherlock said quickly.

"But, you didn't eat this morning." John argued.

"John, I'm busy, I don't have time for silly food." Sherlock said firmly. John sighed, turning back to his food.

"Okay." John muttered. "I'll wrap it for you, so you can eat it afterwards."

"John, I don't want it." Sherlock said in annoyance. John froze for a moment, staring at Sherlock with disbelief. Where did the charming boyfriend go? John knew Sherlock can be an annoying git, and surely John enjoys Sherlock's crappy behavior to people sometimes, but not if he act this way to himself. John ran a hand through his hair and stood up, walking towards the kettle. He turned on the kettle and grabbed two cups, putting two sugars in Sherlock's cup. While John was waiting on the 'ping' of the kettle, he glanced at Sherlock.

Sherlock was staring at his computer screen, frowning, scribbling things down on paper. It's like he was nervous from something. When the water was boiled, john poured it in both cups and walked over to Sherlock.

John standing in front of Sherlock, was frowning violently. He cleared his throat. "Here." He said quietly as he reached out his arm, bringing the cup in view of Sherlock. Sherlock briefly looked up.

"Thanks, can you lay it on the night table?" Sherlock said curtly.

"Sherlock..."

Sherlock didn't answer properly. He just hummed in response. John swivelled around, walking away with an irritated sigh, and collapsed on his bed. Sherlock briefly looked up at John and back to his computer screen, then he flickered his eyes back up to John. He glanced at him with a dubious glare. Thinking if he did something wrong, His heart was racing as he tried to realize what he did wrong. He shifted his laptop a bit, so he can stand up.

"John?" He asked, with an anxious tone. John didn't response, he laid down, covered with his sheet.

"John?" Sherlock repeated. As john continued with ignoring him, he stood up and walked towards John's bed. He laid his hand on John's shoulder, trying to make John speak, what failed. Sherlock sighed and climbed onto the bed, and laid him beside John, grabbing some sheet in his hands, he covered himself as well. He inched closer until he was cuddled against him. John blushed when he felt the heat that emitted from Sherlock's body.

"What's going on, John?" He asked nervously. John shrugged, what made Sherlock sigh.

"You're back is very interesting John." Sherlock said mildly, sarcastic.

"Well, you can talk to him then." John mumbled.

"John..." Sherlock whined. "I'm sorry, for whatever I did."

"Hmmm." John responded. Sherlock grunted slightly and rolled John over on his back, and climbed on him.

"Sherlock!" John hissed, as he tried to release himself from under Sherlock. Sherlock was staring deeply into John's eyes, what made John blush.

"John, I'm sorry." Sherlock said as he lowered his head and planted a small kiss on John's neck. "Can you explain what I did? I'm not used to be rounded with people whom care for me." Sherlock said while he trailed kisses on John's neck. When Sherlock bit softly on John's skin, John let out a moan.

"Sherlock, stop it." John demanded, his voice quiet. Sherlock didn't stop, instead he moved his lips up to John's ear and nibbled it. "Please, John." He whined.

John sighed heavily and pushed Sherlock away, and sat up, Sherlock followed John's actions and sat up as well. John was searching for Sherlock's hands, and when he found it, he slided his fingers through Sherlock's. Sherlock smiled at this.

"Look. I... just felt, like I wasn't important." He shrugged.

"What?" Sherlock asked confused.

"The only things you were interested in, is your damn laptop."

"John. You're the most important creature in the whole world. Don't ever say that again." He said gingerly. "I'm sorry if I acted like a bastard. I was focused on the case, I really want to help the Yard with finding those two. It's such a good chance for my future... Our future."

John nodded, a little smile plastered on face.

"You forgive me?" Sherlock teased, with a smirk. Knowing John forgave him already. John rolled his eyes, chuckling "Sure." He said as he pushed Sherlock away, playfully.

John watched Sherlock walking away to his desk, then he threw his pillow at the back of Sherlock's face. The pillow hit Sherlock softly on the head. Sherlock whipped around, a look of surprise on his face.

"What was that for?" Sherlock asked.

"Because you're a dick." John said, grinning joyous.

- May xx