Chapter 2

Today had been on of the normal runway days that I would usually have. The cycle was the same. Show up, rehearse, they get you ready, and the final walk down the stage. It might have seem quite a bore for many from the outside, but walking on runways were a source of joy for me. I don't know, my adrenaline just rush every time I step onto the catwalk, and I enjoy that feeling.

I was in the middle of flipping through a book Soyeon had lent me some time ago, when a knock reached my ears followed by some series of footsteps walking into the room.

I turned around in surprise because I hardly get visitors from anyone before a show. Be it my own parents. Somehow I always had wanted to experience the feeling of getting a bouquet of flowers from someone before a show starts. It has been ages since someone has done that to me and I always envy seeing other models getting bouquet of flowers from the people whom they loved.

My eyes widen in surprise upon seeing Kai clad up in an expensive suit, hiding one of his hands behind his back. I cocked my head to aside and gave him a confused smile.

"What ... Are you doing here?" I questioned as he neared me.

He gave me smile, one that showcased his pearly white teeth as he pulled his hand from his back.

I let out a small gasp.

A bouquet of Baby's Breath. It wasn't so flashy, but it wasn't so lame either. It fitted well for a moderate person like me, so of course I accepted it with a full heart.

"This is nice, Kai. Thank you." I held the flowers close to my chest and gave him a broad smile.

He grinned towards me. "All the best for today, I'll be watching."

I didn't know if I liked the sound of that.

///

I had always worked better solo. Like I've always had, and always will. But one of the paired up model fell ill today, and the designers decided it was best if I walked alongside a male model today.

I rolled my eyes to myself as they briefed me. Another flirt, just great.

Male models are well known for being overly-confident and cocky. It's because they know they have the face, so they think that it's necessary that they can have any woman they liked as well.

Putting my problems aside, I looped my arms against the male model assigned for me before taking a confident step onto the stage, letting 'Jung Krystal' to take over.

///

It was a wrap. Everything went by smoothly today, with several occasions of some male models trying to get my cell number, nothing out of the ordinary happened.

I tugged the coat nearer to myself as I walked outside in the snow. I had sent my private driver home earlier because he said he had to fetch his kid from some ballet class. I didn't mind, because I knew I would do anything for mine. Bright flashing lights filled my eyes, and I had almost forgotten about the nosy paparazzi that would be around after every fashion show.

I sighed to myself and tried to get through, but seeing there's almost 20 of them and only one me, that's highly impossible.

What they had wanted from me, you ask?

Ah, my relationship with Kai but of course.

I rolled my eyes and kept my mouth shut. As if I was going to tell.

"I would appreciate it if you don't harass her." A deep voice boomed into the still night, and somehow I just knew who's voice was that.

A pair of hands rested onto my shoulders as he lead me away from the terrorising flashes. I kept my head down the whole time, already knowing that this was going to be on the front page of every news article tomorrow.