No Longer Friends

Start from the beginning

"But Damon, I don't have any friends, remember?" I asked smirking.

"Clearly," he said. "You didn't use all of my conditioner, did you?"

"Uh... Yeah... About that..." I said, scrathing the back of my head.

He narrowed his ice blue eyes. "That's expensive, you know."

"Well, next time, don't invite your little pet to use my shower whenever she wants to," I said.

He rolled his eyes and I continued to walk out the door.

"I swear to God, if Damon doesn't ditch that news reporter soon, I'll probably murder her," I said, hate dripping from my voice.

I was in the middle of a pool game with Jeremy, and I was winning. I had to admit, he was getting better than when we first played together.

"If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were jealous of her," Jeremy laughed, taking a shot.

I snorted. "Me jealous of her? She's Damon's little toy, why would I be jealous of that?"

"Well, they have been spending a lot of time together," he said. "So maybe you're just not used to him spending so much time with someone else."

"Ugh," I groaned. "You're making me sound like a clingy girlfriend, which is far from the case here. And besides, I've gone for years on end with out even speaking to Damon, so I don't think that's it. Maybe it's just because she makes me want to bash my head against a wall. She's always around. And it's not like Damon helps with the matter. He even let her use my bathroom this morning. It's like he's trying to push me to the point of insanity. Not that I have any sanity left."

"Well have you spoken to Damon about it?" he asked.

"Well, no," I admitted.

"Start there then," Jeremy said.

"Why do you have to be so logical?" I asked. "Threatening people is so much more fun."

He laughed.

Jenna had invited me over for dinner that night, so I spent the rest of the day at Jeremy's. I could tell Jenna was glad that Jeremy and I were friends again. Stefan and Elena had been surprised to see us hanging out again.

Right now I was owning Jeremy at Modern Warfare 2 on Xbox. I had killed him five times in a row, all from the same spot. He couldn't figure out where I was hiding, so he kept walking into my trap, where I'd shoot him with a sniper.

"Come on, this is so not fair," he complained. "Where the hell are you?"

I laughed. "You just can't handle being beaten at COD by a girl."

"Yeah, a girl who's probably using her magical powers to cheat," he said.

I snorted. "Hardly. I don't need magic to be good at this game. I'm a natural."

I ended up heading home later that night, but Stefan stayed at Elena's.

"Damon?" I called out when I entered the living room.

"He's not here," a voice said. I turned and saw Andy. "He had to go to some Founders Council meeting, but he'll be back later."

I nodded and went to move past her and to the stairs, but she caught my arm. I turned and raised an eyebrow.

"You need to back off," she said.

"Excuse me?" I asked. Was this woman crazy? "Back off from what?"

"Damon," she continued. "He's mine. He's not interested in you, so do us all a favor back off."

"Damon's my brother," I said. Please give me a reason to hit her.

"I know you're not related," she said. "And I know you have a little crush on him, but like I said, he's mine."

"You think I have a crush on Damon?" I asked incredulously. "Are you completely insane?"

"Don't play stupid with me," she said. "He doesn't even like you that much. You're more of a nuisance to him than anything."

"You're calling me a nuisance? Try looking at yourself. You're so clingy it's not even funny."

My head snapped to the side and I felt a sharp stinging on my cheek. Andy had slapped me. Big mistake. I had her pinned up against the wall by her throat in a second.

"Listen up you little bitch," I said savagely. "I am not a person you want to mess with. You are a weak little human. I have known Damon for over a hundred years, and thinking that you're more important to him than I am makes you pretty ignorant. The fact that you think he even cares about you proves that you're just plain stupid. You are nothing but a toy to Damon. He doesn't give a crap about you. You're his personal blood bag, to use when he gets bored. At first I was willing to tolerate you, and even be polite to you, but that's changed. If you ever touch me again, I will rip your heart out."

The glint of fear in her brown eyes was unmissable. For a second I felt a tad sorry for her, but that quickly disappeared.

"Well well," I heard a familiar voice say. "What do we have here?"

I turned my head to see Damon standing in the door way with a smirk on his mouth.

I sighed and let go of Andy. I walked over to the table near one of the many bookcases in the room and poured myself a glass of scotch.

"Andy, why don't you stay at your house tonight?" Damon asked, clearly compelling her. "I'll call you tomorrow."

"Okay," she smiled, and kissed him on the lips. I made a gagging sound in response.

"Congratulations," I said when I heard the door close. "Your pet has driven me to drink. Well done."

"You gunna tell me what that was about?" he asked, still smirking.

"Nope," I said. I downed the rest of my drink and turned to leave, but he was right infront of me, blocking my path.

He looked down at me, waiting for an answer.

"What do you think it was about Damon?" I asked. "She confronted me, playing the whole jealous girlfriend. She accused me of having a crush on you and then she got all posessive. I may have said something about her being clingy and she slapped me. And you know how much I enjoy being slapped."

"Hmm... I was wondering why you were threatening to rip her heart out," he said, clearly amused.

"Well, I tend to speak my mind when I'm angry," I said.

"Come on," he said. "Andy's not that bad."

"I think I'd rather put up with Klaus trying to kill me than put up with her," I said. "That being said, when are you going to ditch her?"

"Hmm," he said. "I don't think I am."

I glared at him. "Why not?"

"Because I like her," he said.

"That's a lie," I stated.

"Is it?" he asked. "Or are you just jealous?"

"Yes Damon, I'm jealous," I said sarcastically. "I'm so inlove with you, that it's caused me to be jealous of one of your little toys."

"I knew it," he said.

"Well, good bye Damon," I said.

"Where you are you going?" he asked.

"I am no longer speaking to you," I said. "Until you get rid of that annoying pet of yours, we are no longer friends. And since we're not friends anymore, I see no reason to talk to you, or even acknowledge your existence."

"Like you can do that," Damon scoffed.

"Watch me," I said, and brushed past him, heading towards the stairs.

"Marni?" I heard him call, but I didn't answer. 

I was going to stick by my decision. From now on, Damon Salvatore and I weren't going to be friends.