Chapter 1

There was nothing to eat. I then just start to cry. I know that doesn't solve anything, but it's been a year of me having to deal with this. I remember walking by homeless people and not giving a care in the world. But now I am one. And I just wish people could understand what it feels like. I'm alone, tired, hungry, and scared. New York City isn't exactly the safest place for me. Or anyone really. I just cry and cry and think about my past. When I had a nice house and lived with my mom. I love her so much and wish I could let her know. I was so ungrateful and unappreciative. My name is Skylar James and I need someone.

I would've cried for a lot longer but then I felt someone tap my shoulder. I quickly wiped my eyes looked up. It was a boy. He just stared at me for a second, and then glanced over at my sign that read "help." He looked back over at me, and bursted out laughing.

"Help? Really?" He said giggling as if this was all such a huge joke.

"What's so funny?" I wasn't in the mood for this. I just wanted to cry and be with someone who actually wanted to help me. Not this douche bag.

"What's funny is you. You just look stupid. Sitting here, crying in the middle of New York."

"Sorry but can you please leave me alone." This was just annoying and rude.

"Haha what? I'll do what I want. I'm not letting some random nobody make me leave. Get over yourself."

"I'm not a nobody."

"Then who are you? Oh yeah. Someone who nobody cares about or will ever "help.""

"What's your problem?"

"Right now it's you."

"Alright then just leave. It's not hard."

I was expecting him to stop and leave. Was I seriously worth his precious little time? No, so he should've left. But he didn't. He just lifted me up swung his clenched fist right across my face.

I yelled in pain.

"Do you really think someone will help you? Do you really think your little sign will make people take time out of their day and actually care? Instead of crying here like the weak person you clearly are, why don't you get up and go do something about it? What are you even doing out here? Trying to kill yourself? Well go ahead."

He kicked me hard in my thigh. Then just laughed again. He really enjoyed being a jerk.

"What the hell are you doing Grayson?" It was another guy. He pushed Grayson off me. Grayson was on the ground, about to get up, but then the other guy punched him hard in the chest.

He then looked over at me.
"My name's Cameron."
Oooo, wonder what will happen next??? -Danielle-❤️❤️❤️