Chapter 5

Maddie's Pov:

My eyelids slowly fluttered open and the light that came through the cracks in my curtains half-blinded me. I tried to close my eyes again but I wasn't at all tired anymore. I sat up and took out my phone, going through Twitter and Instagram and stuff. When I went onto snapchat I saw that Ethan had posted something on his story. He never used snapchat so I decided to open it.

It was only one photo and it was him in a hospital waiting room.

What was he doing at a hospital?

I replayed his story and looked more intently at the photo purely out of curiosity and soon realised that he was at the same hospital that I went to for my kidney.

Strange.

I decided to ignore it so I got out of bed. I did my usual morning stretch however this one hurt more than it usually did.

I got ready for the day. It was Saturday so I wasn't doing anything special so I just threw on some pyjama shorts and a black adidas sweater. I went downstairs to get food but there was no one there and as I was about to open the refrigerator I saw a post it note stuck on it. It read:

We went out to the movie theatre, there is pancake mix in the fridge and remember to take ur medication. Money for lunch on the counter! Will be back at 4pm.
- Love Mom

Yes. I had the house to myself. I did nothing all day, except have marathons of teen wolf and the vampire diaries and eat all of the food. It was 4:00 and my mom and dad were back at home. They started to take off their jackets and shoes and said hello to me. However, just as I was about to ask how their day went mum's phone rang and she quickly answered it.

She looked surprised and overwhelmed but in a good way. Ten minutes later she was still on the phone, listening intently to whoever was on the other end of the line. After a good hour of her talking on the phone she hung up and started putting her jacket and shoes on as if she wasn't just on the phone for two hours. I asked where she was going but she only said "I'll be back in a minute!" I was about to ask dad the same question but he left with her as if he knew exactly what was going on.

What was going on?

I decided to ignore it. It couldn't be that important and if it was they would have told me, right? They both left at around 6 pm and it was now 11:30 pm. She said she was only going to be a few minutes but it had been five and a half hours. They probably went out to dinner.

I decided to go to bed as it was pretty late so I got to bed and immediately went to sleep because my medication had made me sleepy.

*BEEP, BEEP, BEEP*

My alarm went off. It was a school morning and I didn't want to go. I never wanted to go. However, I knew I had to so I got up, threw on a black and white t-shirt dress, black vans and I quickly brushed out my hair and put on my usual makeup.

I knocked on my older brother Kevin's room because he was going to drive me to school as I wasn't allowed to walk to school because of my stupid kidney. When I got to school I had my first two periods as normal along with many sympathetic stares as usual. I then said goodbye to Cat and went to work on my charity project. I went to our stand and saw Grayson standing there looking really pale and moody. I said hi and he managed to force a weak smile. After a few minutes of getting to work on our project I noticed bandaids on his arms as he was typing on the computer. I didn't bother asking what they were from because he was probably just wrestling with his brother like they used to do when they were younger.

At lunch I went to sit down with Cat as usual. But after only a few minutes of eating with her a teacher came up to me and asked me to go into the headmaster's office. I was so confused. I slowly picked up my backpack and walked to the office with Cat. We both walked into the office but Cat was told to wait outside. I sat down in the red, uncomfortable chair and looked at him with a unsure expression on my face. He proceeded to talk:

"We have had a call from your mother and she would like you down at the hospital immediately, we don't know what for but she said that it was urgent. And as you aren't allowed to go alone the nurse will take you."

It kind of all made sense now, but not really.

I arrived at the hospital after about twenty minutes of driving. I walked in to see my mum, dad and brother there. Why was Kevin there and how did he even get here from school? I slowly walked towards them making my confusion very obvious to them but they didn't get the message and just sat there not explaining what was going on. I let out a frustrated breath as I waited for whatever was going to happen.

After a small amount of waiting an unfamiliar man in a long white coat walked out and ushered my family into a large room. It had lots of machines and complicated equipment inside. I sat down in one of the chairs as the man sat down with a wooden clipboard in his hands.

I looked up at him. And he took a deep breath. "Hello, my name is Tony and I am going to be your surgeon!" I gasped and clapped my hand over my mouth, was he telling the truth? He knew what I had just found out. He carried on, smiling, "We have found you a donor!"

A/n
Hai guys so here is another chapter for you. Sorry I am taking such a long time to update each chapter I just can't really find much time and I went skiing and hardly had any time. Also thank you for 10.1k + reads on my other fanfic 'Disliked.'

I finally have the whole book planned out so yay.
Be sure to comment, vote and tell me what you think of the book so far!