Chapter 3

Maddie's Pov:

Today Chris was gonna pick me up because he said that he had something to tell me. He never picked me up so it must be important. I climbed into the car and all of his friends went completely silent. I felt really uncomfortable. We drove for a bit but after a while everyone started talking again and I felt a bit better. When we arrived at school I had first period as usual and it was break so I went to my locker and got my textbooks out. Suddenly, my locker slammed shut and I saw a sad face on the other side. It was Chris. "I need to talk to you, now!" I nodded and he pulled me to the side where no one could see us.

"I think...that we need to break up!" He said honestly and rudely. I tried to convince him to stay with me but nothing worked. He smiled meanly. My mouth dropped open and tears stung my eyes. But...you're all that I have....!" I said sadly. "Well now you have nothing." He finished. He walked away confidently as if he hadn't just broken my heart into a million pieces.

I skipped the rest of my classes and went home, not caring how much trouble I would get into. It was much later now and my phone rung. I answered it quickly. "Hello?" A deep voice on the other end of the line said. "Hi!" I said cheerfully. "It's Grayson!" My smile dropped, he still had my number. "What do you want?" I harshly said. "Um..you skipped the charity work today, I was just wondering if you were okay." He meekly uttered. "Since when did you care? It's none of your business." I replied "Wow, bit harsh don't you think." "You deserve it!" I shouted "You know what next time I won't bother asking, I tried to be nice but you were a bitch and just so you know your pretty face is going straight to hell!" I gasped and before I could say anything else he had hung up.

Oh my god! I was a bitch, he was just being nice and I denied his sympathy. I hated myself. I texted him

To Grayson: Sorry

He read it but didn't reply, I didn't blame him. I felt aweful.

The next morning I was in extreme pain. I took some tablets but they didn't do anything. I went and told my mom. She is the kind of mom who is super protective so she immediately booked me a doctors appointment. I didn't go to school that day and waited until 10:45 for my appointment.

I arrived at the clinic and sat in the waiting room. When my name was called I went inside and told the doctor what was wrong with me. He did a few quick tests. However, he couldn't find anything major so he sent me in For an x-ray. I entered a dark room and as my eyes adjusted to the darkness I could just make out a large machine in the corner. I sat down in the chair and my x-Ray proceeded. When it was done I waited in the room whilst the doctor looked at my results.

I was finally allowed out of the room and my mother looked distressed just like the doctor. I wasn't at all scared until this very moment. I looked at them back and forth over and over again. After a few tense minutes of silence I finally said "WHAT?!? The doctor placed his hand on my shoulder and sat me down in an armchair. "Your X-Ray results were not too pleasant..." He started. My heart was racing so fast that I thought they might be able to hear it. The doctor carried on "It looks like you may have developed a....well...how do I say it....kidney disease!" I gasped loudly and clapped my hand over my wide open mouth. I never thought it was that bad. I thought I just had the flu. I never imagined this. "Wi...will I be okay?" I asked trembling. "Well it is lucky that we have found it quite early on and there is one possible solution." He continued "What is it?" I blurted out. "Well" said the doctor. "That would have to be a transplant." A tear rolled down my check and I had short, sharp breaths. I left the clinic and sat in the car whilst my mom talked with the doctor. I never expected this. Ever!

A/n

I hope you liked this chapter. 😅I'm sorry that this is going really fast but I just have so much to write about. 😜💕

I hope you like the story so far. Much more to come. 🍿🤗

Vote, comment and tell your friends. 😍🎁Also thank you for 900+ reads on my other fanfiction😱📝