Chapter 4

Maddie's POV:

The car journey was completely silent, the only sounds were my heavy breathing and my mothers quiet sobs. I was in an extremely difficult situation and I had no idea if I was going to be able to get out of it. I opened my front door and walked in and immediately went up to my room not wanting to tell the rest of my family what was going on. I lay face down on my bed and cried into my pillow. I peeled my face away from it and realised I had left large black circles from where my makeup had run. I took off the pillow case and walked out of my room heading to the washing machine. I scurried down the stairs and entered the kitchen to see my whole family sitting round the kitchen table. They all stared at me with distraught looks on their faces and I already knew that my mom had told them. I walked passed them trying to ignore them. "Jess!" My Dad uttered. I turned on my heels and faced him with my hands behind my back. "Dad I don't wanna talk!" I replied. He started to talk again but I walked out of the room to wash the pillow case. I wasn't going to talk about it.

••••

Later that night....
I walked passed my older brother Kevin's room and heard him on the phone. "Dude, she's goons need a kidney donar, yeh it's that bad." I heard him say. He talked about it like it was some kind of gossip but to me it was reality and I had to accept the fact that it was real and I had to deal with it in some way.

••••

At school

I was allowed by my doctor to go back to school. I walked into the halls like any other normal school day. But somehow today was different. I didnt know what was different but there was definitely  something. No one laughed at me like they used to they all just looked at me with sad eyes, looking sorry for me. Someone told them.

But who? The only people that know are my family.

I slowly walked down the hall. It was completely silent apart from the occasional whispers from everyone around me, talking about me. A tear rolled down my cheek but I quickly wiped it away hoping that no one saw. I went to my locker and took out the stuff I needed for charity work with Gray.

I dreaded seeing him, the last time I talking to him was when we had that argument over the phone. I had seen him in the streets as he lived quite close to me but that was it.

I opened up the door to see Grayson sitting at our stand on the computer, probably designing an album cover or something. I awkwardly walked over and sat next to him. I smiled at him but he didn't even look at me he just kept a straight face and carried on with what he was doing.

One of the girls working on another stall came over to me and patted me on the back saying "I'm sorry for what happened, I'm sure it will all be alright." The look in her eyes comforted me, it gave me hope but then as she walked of she started giggling. I knew she didn't actually care and a big lump grew in my throat.

I looked back down at the desk and tried to ignore what had just happened.

Grayson's head turned to me and after a few seconds I looked back up at him. "What was she talking about?" He cluelessly asked. He didn't know already? "Oh..um last week I was diagnosed with... Well a kidney disease and... It's kinda, well really bad and in order for me to.... You know, live I need a donor but.." I looked down and whispered

"I don't have one."

A/n

Okay I'm sososososososososososososososososososososososoosososossoososo sorry that I haven't updated for a million years and I don't really have an excuse sorry. But I have so its okay.

Thank you so much for 6k + reads on my Grayson fanfic 'Disliked' and I have started imagines and preferences but this will be my main focus haha ok BYEEE
-Jess Xx