Chapter 2

Maddie's POV:

I woke up and my stomach hurt really bad. I groaned at the pain and tried to ignore it. I looked at my clock to see the time. It was 2am. What? I never usually wake up this early. It must have been my stomach. I watched television for around five hours because I couldn't fall asleep and then decided to get ready for school. I put on my usual makeup: Winged liner, filled in eyebrows, concealer and mascara. I threw on a flowy floral dress and slipped on my white vans. I walked out of the door and walked to school, alone, as always. At the gates of the school I saw Chris and kissed him and went to get registered. On the door of the classroom was a list saying:

All students who are on this list please come to the office at 9:10
•Harry Poobers
•Sophia Crooz (😂)
•Jess Farner
•Maddie Harrison
•Grayson Dolan
•Lucas Hott

What? I was on the list? What did they want? Was I in trouble? I slowly paced to the office and knocked lightly on the door and entered to see everybody else already there and staring at me. I apologised for being late and slotted myself in next to Grayson. The principle started to talk.

"You 6 students are extremely lucky, you have been chosen to participate in a charity event. There will be three stands a music stand, art stand and math stand. You will get to choose which stand you want to work on. Two per stand. Now go and choose and I will tell you what to do!" He explained.

I quickly ran over to the music stand, I loved music! Another tall, broad figure came and joined me. I looked up to see Grayson and I smiled weakly. Now I had to talk to him! The principle came over and told us what we had to to and handed us a list:

Design CD covers, sell music and instruments, decorate instruments and do other things to collect money for charity.

"So do you want to to the CD covers first?" Grayson asked cheerily. "Sure" I mumbled quietly. I opened the laptop and started designing. It was so hard and I couldn't do it because it was on a program I had never used before. Grayson could see I was struggling and helped me out. He was really good. "So have you done this before?" I asked trying to start a conversation. "Yeh." He said bluntly. Well my conversation didn't turn out too good. A picture of a cartoon came up and Grayson started laughing. "Why you laughing?" I said with a slight smile. "Oh I just remembered that time when we watched that same movie and you cried because the bunny died!" He said with a laugh. I laughed to my self remembering the moment clearly. I carried on with the stall making it look nice whilst Grayson did all of the hard work. It was kind of annoying because Grayson kept on bringing up old memories and I didn't want to remember, we weren't friends anymore. I didn't have anything to do with him and I didn't want to. It was lunch and I went to meet my friend Cat it the cafeteria. "Hi, where have you been all day?" She asked a bit confused. "Oh!" I said tucking a bit of hair behind my ear. "I have to work on this stupid charity thing with Grayson." She coughed on her food and blurted out "GRAYSON?!" I nodded to confirm that I was working wth him. "I feel sorry for you, he is kinda a freak but he is hot so I guess you will be fine as long as you look at him instead of talking to him!" I fake laughed and carried on eating. I looked all around the cafeteria and looked at the separated tables, there were jocks, freaks, goths, 'hot' girls and then in the corner of the room was a table with only Ethan and Grayson sat at it. I gave them a sympathetic look which they thankfully didn't see. I kinda felt a bit bad for them, all by themselves, they did have a few friends but they didn't really like sitting at their table because they were mocked for everything they did. Grayson finally saw me staring at him and I waved smiling but he didn't do anything just stared right at me whilst talking to Ethan. I remembered back to elementary school, we used to all sit at a table together as friends. No one thought they were freaks it was so much easier. But it had changed and it better for me, I don't know about them.

A/n

Sorry for REALLY bad chapter but the next one will hopefully be better. 😝

Vote, comment and tell your friends! 😍