Chapter 5

Clary's POV
I wake up with a strong tanned arm draped over my waist. I roll over and see a sleeping Jace. He looks different when he sleeps. So much calmer, there tension and stress disappears off his face. He looks even more beautiful if that even possible. I roll back over so I don't wake him up. I hear him groan and he moves closer to me pulling me closer to him. Then he freezes.

"What the..." He starts and sits up. I sit up as well and look at him, he is staring at me. "How am I here... Did I fall asleep or did something happen that I forget or..."

"Yes you fell asleep here last night when we were talking"
"Why didn't you wake me?" He asks
"You looked like you could do with some sleep you looked pretty tired"

We fall into a silence... An awkward one at that.

I swing my legs over the side of the bed and get out. I stand up and so does Jace.

"I am just going to go back to my room and get dressed, I will see you at breakfast" he says and makes his way to the door. I nod.

Suddenly my door swings open to reveal Izzy. She looks between the two of us and smirks

"It looks like someone was about to do the walk of shame?"

"No... This isn't what it looks li.." I stutter, I look over at Jace and he seems to be blushing... Jace blushing... I blink and look at him again he seems to have composed himself again.

"Regretting last nights events, are we?" Jace says with a smirk.

"What that you fell asleep on my bed after escorting me here, no I think I remember that fairly well" I say replying with the same smirk.

"Escorting? Is that right" he replies
"Yup" I say popping the p.

"Ok you two are just weird, I was just coming to tell Clary that breakfast is ready" she turns to walk away, but turns back again. " and no I did not make it Alec ordered it from Taki's" she turns on her heel and walks out of my room.

"Well I should go get changed, and hopefully no one else will jump to conclusions again" Jace says and walks out the door.

I chuckle at his remark, I really did miss his sense of humour when he was in Ireland. I just never really took any notice of it.

"See you at breakfast" I call back.

----------------------------------------------

I walk into the kitchen and see Magnus, Alec and Izzy sitting at the table eating.

"Hey" I say as I walk through the door. "Hey" Izzy says, while Alec and Magnus nod in my direction...charming.

"So where's lover boy?" Izzy asks.
"Who's lover boy?" Magnus asks.
"It's Jace, he slept in Clary's room last night, because he fell asleep on her bed" she replies, putting bunny ears around the last five words.

Magnus turns to me, "you slept with Jace?" He asks.
"Ha I win, five dollars hand it over" Alec says to Magnus.

"No I didn't sleep with Jace" I say simply and take my seat at the table." As Izzy said he fell asleep on my bed"

"Are you sure you didn't sleep with Jace?" Izzy asks, winking in my direction.

Simon the decides to walk in the door at the very moment.

"Clary slept with Jace?" Simon asks.

"No, no I didn't" I say, starting to get a bit frustrated.

"How swiftly you dismiss our love" Jace says just after waking through the door, and taking a sleep beside me.

I face palm let out an annoyed grunt.

This was going to be a long day!

----------------------------------------------
Sorry I was so long updating, I am in the middle of  doing my mock exams. I will try my best to update as much as possible over the next week or two. Then I am free and will have a lot more time  to post
Nicole x