---------------------------------------------------------------------

"Look I wanted that too but it's not just Austin anymore it's Avery too" I heard Gabby say. I had managed to coax Brett out of meeting Austin but I had a feeling the topic would come up again at any given time. Now, Brett and I were inside Gabby's security camera room, spying through the camera's.

At first it was boring but what Gabby had just said caught my attention but it also caught Brett's because Gabby had said my name. I had no idea who she was talking to but she sounded exhausted. There was a long moment of silence before she spoke again. "Yes they broke up but that doesn't mean it won't affect her"

She was obviously talking about Austin and I to this unknown person and they were interested in the relationship status of us. "I'm not protecting him, i'm protecting her" She continued. Brett looked at me after she said it but I didn't share the gaze.

"Because she's Jake's sister" Gabby sounded like she was growing frustrated.

Who was this person? It must be one of the people she'd been talking to eighty percent of her time and I really wanted to know who they were.

"Come on Derek, you know it's complicated between Jake and I" My blood ran cold and I froze. I didn't tune out for the rest of her sentence but my breathing picked up. Derek? She was speaking to Derek? I know his gang, Jean and her had some kind of past together but that didn't stop me from freaking out over the fact that he was the one who kidnapped me.

"I don't know what Austin's doing, I don't really care" Oh god. Derek was asking her what Austin was doing. Was he going to go to his house? Hurt him? Kill him?

"Avery?" Brett shook my shoulder. "Avery, why is your face so pale? What's wrong?"

"No Derek, look i'm going to go" She had a very sharp tone and shoved her phone back in her pocket after hanging up.

Click. Click. Click.

Brett started snapping his fingers in front of my face.

"Yeah? Sorry" I blinked twice and looked at him.

"What was that about?" Brett asked nudging a thumb towards the camera Gabby had been in seconds ago but was now gone. "And who's Derek?"

"Derek kidnapped me" I said quietly. But, after shaking my head I was out of my daze and on my feet in seconds. "We have to go home"

"Why are you telling me this now!" Brett asked as he to got up.

"Because it didn't concern you" I rushed out of the room with him on my heels.

"Like hell it didn't, I may live in London but that doesn't mean I wouldn't do my best to protect you" Brett turned me around by putting his hand on my arm.

"Look, Brett i'm sorry but right now we have to go" I turned back around and jogged to the front room where the door was.

Gabby was no where in sight so Brett and I walked outside and over to the front of the garage where I left my Skyline. I got into the drivers seat and expected Brett to sit in the passenger seat, which he did. I put the key in the ignition and reversed out of Gabby's driveway and drove to my house.

It wasn't until we were half-way there when I realised what a stupid idea this was. Derek and his gang wouldn't be going to Austins house to kill him. I must admit I am stupid.

When we got there everything was normal. Austin's Skyline was parked in his driveway instead of the garage. Something he always did, my reason was because he liked to show it off but his reason was because he couldn't be bothered.