One.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me." Anna said with her eyes as big as saucers and hand clenching in a tight fist.

"Mind your language woman. And you are coming with us, come what may, so quit whining and go get an early night. We leave at 8 in the morning." Anna's mom, Kyla, said in her 'no nonsense' tone to her eighteen year old daughter who had been acting a little more teenagery lately.

"You can't make me." Anna sneered in disbelief.

However, Kyla looked straight in her eyes and said "Don't try me Anna. Whatever it is that has been going on with you, keep that out of the family matters. Samuel is your first cousin, and you are coming to his engagement party. That's final."

Anna froze at her mother's words. Does she really know what has been happening? No. That's not possible. Nobody knows that. Nobody knows about the betrayal she has suffered from. Except for her, and probably the whole college by now.

Her eyes start misting up at the thought of it but she composed herself by chanting the same mantra that she had so perfectly rehearsed in the past one week. 'It's not worth it, they are not worth it.'

Just then there was a sound of the main door opening and Anna took that as her cue to leave. There was no way she was facing her dad. He would instantly know something was up and one question from him would make her weak and she would babble all about it to him. He didn't need that in his already busy schedule!

"You can stay downstairs for a little while you know. You've been avoiding your dad since the past one week. He misses you. He works so hard for us--"

"Okay fine. Just quit the lecture alright? I'll stay." Anna shouted and as if the universe was really against her that day, her dad chose that exact moment to make an entrance in the dining room.

"Anna. What's happening here? What has gotten into you lately?" He asked raising his voice a little but the worry was still evident on his face.

Anna looked at her dad. It felt like he had aged 10 years in that one week when she had avoided facing him in every way she could. Actually, she had avoided every person by not coming out of her room at all, except when absolutely necessary, which was only for meal times and her midnight snack time.

So when she stood in front of her dad, who was her best friend ever since she was little, she couldn't help but feel guilty for shutting him out of her life like that. He didn't deserve this. And how much ever a pain her mother might be, even she didn't deserve a daughter with such high depression tendencies.

"Can we just let it go? Please?" Anna finally let out a whimper when she could no longer handle the tight knot feeling in her chest, as well as her stomach.

"No. You apologize to your mother right now and then get your shit together. Enough of this behavior now. You're an adult and still look at you, you've barely come out of your room in a week. Missed college like it's not even important, have barely said a few words to your own parents, your cousins, your friends. What is happening Anna?" Her dad let out, his fingers shaking a bit.

That is when she finally noticed that her parents had gone through so much for her and here she was, shutting them out over a college drama.

But it wasn't, it wasn't just a college drama. It was her life. Yes, that's it. It was.

"I'm sorry mom." Anna mumbled and ran out of the room, no longer being able to hold in her tears.

Damn, she thought she was getting good at not crying. Apparently not. One week. One whole week of moping, but it still hurt her the same way it did at that moment when it happened. When her life, which she had so nicely planned out, and which she thought was going so perfect, shattered right in front of her. Because it had all been a lie.