9

The next few weeks were the same. I got up and went to school where I ignored Nash as much as I could and went to volleyball practice. My only friend at the moment was hannah. Thank god I have her.

Ugh it's Monday. God I hate Mondays. I rolled out of bed and put on a light pink halter top with floral shorts. I drove to school and didn't see Nash's blue truck parked in his usual spot.

Uh oh. I have a bad feeling about this. What if has to do with his cancer.

Crap. He is the world's biggest jerk but for some reason I care about him.

After second period, I decided to ditch. I got back in my car and drove to where Nash lives.

I knocked on the door. No answer. Ugh not this again.

And that was it. The moment I decided to do something that the Natasha Evans would never do. Or at least the Natasha Evans before Nash came along,

I decided to do something bad. I saw a big shovel resting against the side of the small little house. I grabbed it and with two hands swung it against the door, breaking it down.

Fuck.

I walked through the house looking for Nash or his dad. No sign of either of them. I walked upstairs to see a door that was a crack open.

I opened the door and saw him. Nash. He was lying on the floor, squirming around. "Nash!" I yelled running towards him. He was foaming at the moth.

Shit he's having a seizer! I grabbed my phone out of my pocket and dialed 911.

Call:
Operator: this is 911 what's your emergency?
Natasha: hi this is Natasha Evans, I'm with my friend Nash Grier and he's having a seizer please send help I'm at 242 archer lane!
Operator: ok stay put, an ambulance is on its way right now.
Natasha: thank you so much!
End of call

"Nash hang in there ok." I whispered to him as I brushed my hand through his hair.

He was now unconscious but I still held on to him to try to comfort him. Maybe it was really just to comfort me.

Just then I heard a stampede of footsteps storming up the stairs. 4 men holding a gurney came into Nash's room.

"Here take him." I said with tears steaming down my face.

"Where are his parents?" One of the men said.

"Uh I don't know he was alone when I found him."

The men instructed me to go wait for him in be ambulance. They carried him downstairs and placed him in a different gurney in the vehicle.

He stop seizing but he was still passed out.

3 hours later

I was waiting in a cold, white, hospital lounge area for updates.

"Natasha?" A kind looking black lady approached me.

"Yes?" I responded politely. "Nash is doing better. Seizer are very common for patients in his condition. He's awake now if you'd like to see him." She said

"Wait what do u mean 'patients in his condition'? How sick is he?"

The lady looked down at her palms and then back into my eyes. She gave me a sympathetic smile and grabbed my hand. "Everyone bites it someday." She said.

What the hell does that mean.

"Can you just take me to him please?"

She nodded and led me down a black and white tiled hallway and into a small little room.

Nash was looking at me with wide eyes. "How did you know I was here?" His voice was shaky and soft.

"I brought you here." I half smiled. "What?" He questioned. "How?"

"You weren't at school and i went to your house to check on you and then I found you in your room and I called 911." I explained

"Oh." He said.

"You're not mad?" He sat up.

"Yeah I'm mad. but I don't want you to die so.." I sat on the edge of the hospital bed he was lying in.

"Don't you get in Natasha?"

"Get what?" I questioned.

"This was all a game. I played you---no I screwed you... You had this perfect little life and I had shit. I wanted to take you down, I wanted to make you as miserable as I was." He smirked.

I didn't respond. I just looked down at my palms with tears brimming in my eyes.

"But then I got to know you." I looked up. "I got to know the real you. And things got weird and didn't really go as planned.

"So what are you saying?" I said more as a statement then a question

"I'm saying that I was wrong. I thought you were just this spoiled little princess, but that was just what you wanted people to see. But your sweet and funny and charismatic and..." He stopped

"And what?" I asked. "And I love you." He admitted.

I was silent for a little as tears roared down my face, one after the other. "I didn't want to fall in love with you. In fact I hated you so much, I thought that there would never ever be a chance of me loving you. But i do." He continued.

"I love you too." I burst out. I made climbed under the covers of the hospital bed and laid up against him. "Nash?" I looked up at him.

"Hm?" He looked down at me. "How long?" I said solemnly. "Not long enough." He responded, knowing exactly what i was talking about.

"Nash, for real."

"A few more years if i'm lucky." Id never seen him this sad before.

"Then let's hope you're luckier then lucky." I half smiled

A/N
HEY GUYS! how are you liking the book so far? Please leave comments and advice! I'd love to hear your thoughts! :) thanks for reading and if your enjoying the book, please vote so i know to keep writing! Thanks! Love u all💖