Chapter 11

A/N: Hey there bookworms!

Sorry I took so long to update. My computer wouldn't save it so I had to keep rewriting it. It's more of a filler chapter than anything else, but there's a few small important points in here.

The Question of the Chapter is at the bottom of the chapter, so don't forget to answer that!

Dedicated to @firerose8421 for her awesome answers to the Question of the Chapter 9 (I think XD) as well as being a consistant voter/commenter. Thank you and congratulations to you!

I'm starting to post some songs with the chapters now, so just keep your eyes out for that. Not in every chapter but there was one last chapter so if you didn't hear it, please go check it out! I try really hard to find a "sound track" for my books so I can make the reading experience just that much better for you guys, so I'd really appreciate votes and comments (especially if you have constructive criticism or song ideas).

2 votes until next chapter!

Vote! Comment! Fan! Enjoy!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I woke up disoriented. I sat up and looked around, realizing I was in my bed at home. How'd I get here? The last I remember was staring up at the stars in the cemetery. As the fog of fatigue slowly dissipated, the rest of the night came back to me - how I'd found Marie at the cemetery and we came home together. And how I agreed to talk about what I had said to her. Fuck. 

I buried my face in my hands with a groan, regretting ever agreeing to such a thing. I didn't want to tell her what was going through my mind everyday; she could barely handle me making a joke about being sick. I knew my thoughts would push her over the edge. I had to shield her from all this - and this "talk" certainly wouldn't help.

But I couldn't just run away from her either. She was right; that wouldn't solve anything. I couldn't do that anymore. I was just going to have to face this as best I could.

I threw the blankets off and hauled myself out of bed. Last night, I was so exhausted that I had barely managed to kick off my shoes and take off my shirt before I passed out on my bed. I quickly threw on a raandom hoodie before I left my room to meet Marie in the kitchen. Marie looked up as I came in and sat at the island and threw me a smile.

"It's about time you woke up," she teased, sliding a plate of food in front of me. I smiled gratefully up at Marie before digging in; I didn't even realize how hungry I was until now.

"What time is it?" I asked between mouthfuls as Marie sat on the stool next to me with her own plate.

"1:30." I nodded thoughtfully and swallowed my last bite. Marie stared at me like I was some kind of alien and said, "You eat like a vacuum." 

"Only you would come up with something like that, Marie," I chuckled, standing up to place my plate in the sink. 

"Oh like you wouldn't say the same thing."

"Well, yeah. But I inherited that from you."

"Shut up."

"Nice comeback." Marie threw me a playful glare and I chuckled and stooped to kiss her cheek. "I'm going to be on the computer," I told her and started to leave, but Marie's hand shot out to grab my wrist and stop me. Dammit, there goes my escape plan.

"You said we were going to talk today," she pointed out, her expression serious. Oh, how I wished she had forgotten.

"Yeah, I guess I did," I sighed. I sat back down and glared at the counter as if it were it's fault I was in this situation. No way in hell was I going to take responsibility for this mess; I would much rather blame inanimate objects.