Chapter 3

A/N: Hey guys!

So just so you aren't all confused, I had to change Gina's name to Marie. Sorry for the inevitable confusion, but I didn't realize until this chapter that I had gotten the name wrong. I changed it in the other chapters but if you read the original version, just try to keep in mind that Gina is Marie and vice versa :)

Also, I have no idea why the slide show in the last chapter wasn't working but it had a bunch of pictures of Jax so I will just post them now if you couldn't see them.

So what do you think so far? I based this book off a concept album by one of my favourite bands (see if you can guess who it is - but if I've told you already then SILENCE PEASANT!)

Enjoy! Follow! Vote! Comment!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Of course, me being the genius that I am, I completely forgot that the next day was my first day at a new school. I ended up staying up all night, and just as I was about to shut down my laptop and try sleeping again, Marie poked her head into my bedroom.

"Oh good; you're already up."

"Already up? What for?" I asked, confused. I was too tired to even try to guess what she was talking about. I just wanted this conversation over so I could sleep.

"School starts today. You forgot again didn't you? I just reminded you not two days ago!" she scolded, a small smirk playing across her lips.

"Maybe it's gotten to my brain already," I pondered. Whatever playfulness there'd been between us left as I said that, but I was used to it. She hated when I cracked jokes about my condition, but I honestly didn't see the big deal. Not like I could make it worse.

"Don't you even joke about that Jax. Now get dressed and come and get something to eat." She shut the door on my protests and I just rolled my eyes and started getting ready.

I got ready, then threw on blue jeans, a black V-neck T-shirt and a blue hoodie before I went downstairs. Marie was in the kitchen making a classic breakfast of eggs, bacon and toast with one of her "mystery smoothies" that really wasn't a mystery at all; it was an awful blend of whatever vegetables or fruit she could find in the house. I couldn't remember a time when she ever actually made a decent drink.

"I am not going to have enough time to eat all that!" I complained as she set it all down in front of me.

"Well, maybe if you shut your trap and started eating you would."

"Technically if I shut my trap I wouldn't be able to eat anything," I retorted, but started eating anyway. She threw me a playful glare before returning to the stove to finish making her own breakfast. Luckily, our cat, Dog - yes, I named a cat Dog, sue me - happened to wander in just as Marie's back was turned.

Once I made sure i wasn't going to get caught, I scooped him up and put him on the counter. He wasted no time and immediately started to lick at the food on my plate.

"Dog! Bad cat!" I scolded gently, not wanting to scare him off. By the time Marie had turned around and seen Dog, I already had my leather jacket on, my hat on my head and my schoolbag slung over my shoulder.

"Really?" Marie asked dryly, raising a challenging eyebrow at me. I shrugged and gave her my signature grin.

"Cats will do as they please. What are you gonna do?"

"Mmhm, sure. The cat had no encouragement at all." I chuckled and wrapped my arm around her shoulder and kissed her cheek.

"I'll see you later."