Chapter 7

Bethany's p.o.v.

I wake up at the sound of birds chirping. I look at the clock, it's 10am. I think I was a little tired after I was talking with Drew till like 12:30. As soon as I woke up I went downstairs and saw my parents and Matt talking with smiles on their face.

     "Good Thursday morning everyone. How was last night?" I ask with a bright smile.

     "Great. How about you?" Mom asks.

     "Same. What's for breakfast?" I ask.

     "Chocolate chip pancakes." Dad says.

After eating I go to the living room and watch The Longest Ride (it's a good movie..) then I look outside and see that the waves are pretty nice today. I go upstairs and change into my black and blue bikini bottom with a red surf shirt and run downstairs and grab my fire red surf board. Then I head out to the beach and start stretching. When I'm all done, I grab my board and hit the waves.

After two hours of surfing, it's 2:30 so I take a shower and change into a pair of shorts and a t-shirt then decide to take a nap

After two hours of surfing, it's 2:30 so I take a shower and change into a pair of shorts and a t-shirt then decide to take a nap. When I wake up, it already 4, so I take my phone and head outside. I go to a ice cream parlour and order a two-scoop mint-chocolate chip ice cream. On the way home, I text Lauren about what happened last night. All of a sudden, my phone starts ringing. I look at it and see that it's an unknown phone number.

     "Hello?" I ask.

     "Bethany?.. Hey it's Drew I was just wondering what you're doing right now?" Drew asks.

     "Oh hey Drew.. I was just get ice cream and now I'm almost at my house. Why'd you ask?" I ask him.

     "Oh I was just wondering if you can come over and babysit Emily with me from 5 to about 8 or 9. If that's okay with you." He asks.

     "Oh yeah sure. I'll come over in 10 minutes." I say.

     "Okay thanks. Bye." He says.

     "Bye." Then I hang up.

When I come back to my house, I go upstairs and grab my phone and a cardigan and go downstairs again.

     " Guys I'm gonna go babysit Em!! "I yell, before opening the door and skipping towards their house. I ring the bell and a few seconds later, a messy, flour covered Drew comes, answering the door.

     "Umm... Hey there." I say, holding in my laugh.

     "Oh, Beth hey, um we were trying to make cookies but..." He trails off.

     "But everything got out off control. That's what happens when you make something with the Emily Hunter." I continue while softly chuckling.

     "Yup! Please come in." Drew says. I walk in and I see Emily giggling while running towards me. I scoop her up and carry her to the kitchen. I know where everything is because I've been to her house the babysit Em a lot of times.