Birthday Cruise part 2

Chapter 9

Day 1

Hawaii.

I've wanted to go here for as long as I can remember. Once I saw a commercial with Hawaii as the backdrop, and I just had this urge to be here.

And I'm saying 'here' because the boat pulled up to the dock at about five thirty in the morning. Right now I'm getting ready in my room. My parents and Cameron already went out to explore. But I'm having Gavin show me around Hawaii since he's been here before.

You see I'm talking to Gavin because I think he will make a great friend. Now that I'm not gonna talk to Austin and Annie again I need someone else who can help me out with things.

At this moment putting on my outfit for the day. Ripped high waisted shorts, a polka dot top, a bracelet, a pair of brown boots and sunglasses. I'm bringing a bag with me too. In there is gonna be a pair of sandals, a towel, and my bright pink bikini for the beach.

Now I'm going to do my make up. I know weird even for me. I'm just trying it out for the trip. I put on my liquid foundation in ivory (yes I'm that pale), a foundation in the same color, then setting powder so it all can stay. Then I put on some light brown/nude colored eye shadow, baby pink lipstick, and mascara. I don't touch my eyebrows. I think they're fine the way they are.

I just leave my hair down. Not worrying how the weather might be. I mean, its Hawaii people!

Now that I am ready, I text Gavin.

I'm ready. Let's go! - Me

Okie dokie! Be there in a sec. - Gavin

A few seconds later I hear a knock at the door. I walk over and open it. Gavin is standing there with a wide smile on his face.

"Are you ready?" I roll my eyes.

"Of course I'm ready you dumbo." I smack his arm playfully. He laughs and we walk down the hall.

"You know Hawaii is the most beautiful place there is that I know of." He speaks suddenly.

"Really?" I ask.

"Yeah. I love working here so I can be at Hawaii but this is the last time I'll be able to go here."

I look over at him with a confused look on my face and ask, "Why?"

He frowns and stops walking, I do too, "This is the very last cruise that will be happening on this ship. It was bought by a huge company. I am truly going to miss this place."

"Hey, at least you'll be able to go home. Back to where you live, where I live." I try to cheer him up. He smiles a little.

"True, true," he says, then starts walking again. "Race you to the dock!" Gavin takes off running.

"You little butt!" I yell and run after him. I can hear him laugh but I just grow a little angrier at his antics.

~

"Oh come on where are you?!" I question.

Right now I'm walking around the mall here getting some things as mementos. Like a real Hawaiian skirt, a coconut bra (don't judge me here. I've always wanted one), some cute new sandals I'm saving for Cali, and some hair ties for the beach since I left my hair down.

I know that I already have many pairs of sandals, but they are my favorite kind of shoe so I'll always buy a new pair.

So you're provably wondering why I was questioning at nothing. Let me tell you.