Chapter 18 - Hope and Love

Iantos POV - 

I woke up hugging Jacks pillow something that i've been doing a lot recently, ever since Jack left it feels like a part of my heart has been torn in two. Jack has been gone for a year, i feel like everyone is coping okay without him, everyone but me ... i would wake up forgetting Jack left, that was the worst days, i always remembered after spending a small amount of time thinking what jack would be doing in his office when i walked up the stairs. 

I took a deep breath as i finished getting change, i looked in the small wardrobe mirror "Jack will return one day, he promised" i repeated to myself as i turned away from the mirror , as i reached the top of the stair Tosh and Owen were laughing by the computers and Gwen was sitting on the old battered couch which needed to be replaced. "Ianto make a cuppa for me i need to get these tests on the Nostrovite we found last week" Owen yelled across the hub, i forced a smile on my face and nodded "me too" both Tosh and Gwen shouted at the same time, i once again nodded and made my way down the stairs to the coffee machine, as i waited for the beans to cook Gwen peaked round the corner "So a mate of mine says she know a girl who has recently became single, and well i thought we could set you up" i forced a fake smile onto my face "no thanks Gwen, I'm okay" i said whilst i turned to face her.

"Come on Ianto you haven't been on a date since you know who left" "Jack, his names Jack, okay and he's not voldemort he won't just suddenly appear if you say his name okay!" i didn't intend to say it so harshly but i couldn't stop myself. Gwen looked at me blankly "Jack left okay Ianto, do you really think he would stay if he loved you?" Gwen screamed into my ear making me jump slightly. "WHAT WOULD YOU EVEN KNOW ABOUT LOVE, YOU SPEND ALL YOUR TIME TELLING US ABOUT HOW MUCH YOU LOVE RHYS BUT SPEND YOUR NIGHTS IN OWENS BED" I didn't care anymore, i was tired of them insulting Jack like he was some heartless man they found on the streets.

A/N: Next scene contains homophobic language and some violence if this makes you uncomfortable you can skip to next A/N x

"you know what, what would you even know about love, your just some faggot who 'loves' a man who has slept with half of the god-damn planet" Gwen pulled the top of my shirt towards her as she clenched her teeth spitting the words at me, at that moment i felt a fist reach my cheek, Gwen pushed my body down as she kneed my chest leaving me on the floor in pain. She began to kick me repeatedly making my white shirt become blood stained, Owen walked over after hearing me yelp in pain "Gwen what is going on?" Owen asked as he walked over towards us, Gwen looked up at Owen, "Owen, listen, he is the reason Jack left, he is also the reason why you had to wear an arm brace for a month, remember?" Gwen had a smile on her face knowing she got Owen on her side "Owen, please..." I whispered as blood slowly dripped from my mouth Owen jumped down to where Gwen was standing, he began to kick me too while repeating the words "you're worthless you know, Jack didn't even love you, you was just a fuck-buddy nothing more" once Owen finished Gwen and him left going towards the computers, i felt  my clothes clinging to me because of the blood.

A/N: You can continue reading

I made my way to the lift, as the pavement began to rise i felt myself slipping from consciousness, once i reached the water sculpture i rolled off the invisible step onto the cold wet pavement, i looked around for anyone to help ... no one ... i forced myself up and began to walk hoping sooner or later i would run into someone who could help me. I fell to the floor after two minutes of walking, once again i forced myself up i saw more blood drip from my mouth, I walked a small bit further but i collapsed once again, i knew this time i wouldn't have enough effort to pull myself up so i used all the strength i had to get into a corner where i knew i could be seen but yet i could also rest my body up again a wall.

Jacks POV - 

After a few weeks of being John new favourite toy he allowed me to leave the abandoned house we were staying in as long as i returned, which i had to do or else i know he would hurt Ianto and I'm not allowing that to happen never again! Whenever i was allowed to leave i would always go check on Ianto one time he nearly saw me, it was when a weevil attacked him, i pushed the weevil into the SUV, i was lucky enough that i had enough time to jump over the small ledge onto another building, but from what it looked like Ianto thought he must have been dreaming.

I walked across the bay to the small bench that was just out f view of all the cameras, its the spot me and Ianto would sit whenever we wanted some private time, "Help" a voice whispered from being me, a bloody figure was pressed again the wall. "It's a little early to have been in a fight" i laughed to as i walked closer, as i walked towards the man covered in blood i began to notice things that seemed familiar "IANTO?" i ran over instantly checking for a pulse, "Ianto please speak say anything" i felt my heart beat in my throat, it was taking away but the small heart beat i felt from Ianto's wrist, i pulled his head into my chest "I'm so sorry" I repeatedly whispered.

 I lifted him up into my arms and made my way to his apartment, i opened the door with the key he had cut for me and walked into the bedroom, i placed his broken body onto the bed and went into the bathroom. I returned into the bedroom with a wet towel and began to wipe away all the blood on his beautiful face, after i finished cleaning his face i took of his blood stained shirt, i then began tocsin his bloody body, once i finished his natural pale skin could be seen, i laid next to him in the bed, i felt my eyes getting heavy, but i honestly didn't care i was with Ianto! 

"Jack?" i heard Ianto ask i opened my eyes to see Ianto's blue eyes full with tears, i nodded and kissed him without a second thought, i felt his tears on my face so i wiped them away with my thumbs, once we both pulled away i pulled Ianto's head into my chest. All the cuts on his body were beginning to heal "Ianto who did this to you?" i asked wanting to know or what hurt him, Ianto turned away and began to cry, i once again pulled his head into my chest allowing him to make a small wet patch onto my shirt. Just as i opened my mouth to comfort him my vortex manipulator went off, and i knew exactly what it meant, i had one hour to get back to John before he would come and hurt Ianto!

I got out of the bed knowing how much a dick i must sound like "Ianto, i have to go", i looked at Ianto's shocked face "Will you be coming back?" Ianto asked, i forced a smile on my face "I'm going to get you some paracetamol from the bathroom" i kissed the top of his forehead and went towards the bathroom. I took out one retcon and looked down at it, i didn't realise i was crying until i looked into the mirror, but i knew what i had to do, i took a deep breath and walked back into the bedroom, "take this it will help with the pain" i lied Ianto swallowed the small pill and looked back up at me "I love you Jack" Ianto whispered "I love you too Ianto Jones" i kissed the top of is head and left the apartment.

As i turned the corner of the street knowing i was out of the view of all the windows of Ianto's apartment i began to punch the wall, i fell to the floor crying trying to convince myself that i did the right thing! I looked down at the countdown on my vortex manipulator, i had 45 minutes to setback to John, but before i did i needed to know what happened to Ianto! I saw Gwen, Tosh and Owen leave the hub and go into the SUV, when it left the bay i ran towards the lift, when i entered the hub i ran towards the computers and searched the CTV ... Then i saw i, Owen and Gwen beating up Ianto, anger rose inside me, i punched down onto the computer desk trying to find a way to calm myself down. A second alarm sounded telling me i had half an hour to get back to John, i went back onto the lift and made my way back to the house, the anger i had made me want to do what Owen and Gwen did to Ianto to them, but i couldn't let them see me, not yet! As I walked into the door of the house the third and final alarm went off, i had made it just in time THANK GOD!

A/N:

Hope you like this chapter, any suggestion please leave in the comments x

Clare xoxo