Chapter 15 - Paying the Price

Jack's POV-

I woke up gasping for air, Owen ran over to me "Jack?" he said as he got closer ... "I couldn't let him get hurt" i whispered, Owen had a sympathetic look in his eyes as he sat next to me "I get that part, but when were you going to tell us about the other exits" Owen nudged me trying to get me to crack a smile, but John's words kept playing in my head "this was a test" what test, what he did want to test?

Owen helped me to my feet and we began to walk towards the SUV, I sat in the back looking out the window every so after i would hear Owen and Tosh bickering over the way back to the bay, but i didn't pay to much attention, t when the bickering was at its loudest i heard an alarm go off on my vortex manipulator. "Owen, i'll walk from here, its only a 10 minute walk, i need to clear my head" Owen pulled the car over and i stepped out and watched it drive of into the distance, I instantly opened my vortex manipulator ... A small hologram of John appeared in front of me "Sorry about the horrible trick I played on you, but i needed to see if you would actually come ... anyway i need help, theres a box in storage at Torchwood, inside you will find a small metal box bring it to me and promise you can have your eye-candy back" the message ended and i stood there looking at nothing. The words finally sunk in and i began to sprint to the hub, as i reached the bay i ran faster stepping on to the lift, the lift began to descend, when it was about half a meter from reaching the hubs base i jumped off, I ran down the stairs into the storage and searched frantically for this small metal box, after 20 minutes of looking I found it! A smile appeared on my face and i began to run back up the stairs and out the door.

My vortex manipulator began to go off again, as quickly as i could i played Johns message "same place as last time, at 12 pm, don't be late" i looked at my watch 10:56, i smiled, I ran up to the shopping centre and jumped into the closet taxi i could find, by the time i reached the building it was 11:53, bloody traffic! I payed the driver and as soon as i got out the car span around and left, another car pulled in shortly after and out stepped John "Now Jack pass it here" he said as he reached out his hand "If you've harmed him in any wa-" John cut my sentence short by handing me photos of Ianto, the date and time could be seen on the photograph, it was taken 2 hours before, Thank God he was okay!

"Box now" John demanded, but i shook my head "I want Ianto first, you're not getting anything from me until i get him back" i said it with a flat tone so John knew that there was no way of changing my mind John raised his hand and one of Johns hired muscle opened the back of the car and dragged Ianto out. Ianto's eyes widened as he saw me standing there i could instantly tell what he was thinking, "you see we have Ianto now give me the box Jack" i shook my head once again "When he is by my side and i know he is safe that when you will get this stupid thing" John looked at his hired muscle, and once his eyes remade contact with mine he smirked "and what if my man here decides to put a hole in Ianto's head" and like that a small pistol was pressed against his temple, my heart was beating twice as fast and i felt sick! 

"you wouldn't dare" i said trying to call John's bluff, but i wasn't sure why, Ianto was in danger i should just give John what he wanted! John began to laugh "Jack give the box and you can have Ianto" i shook my head "Ianto beside me now or else ... or else you won't get this pathetic little thing" John looked me dead in the eyes "I'm getting tired of this!" and John raised his hand again "If I lower my hand my guy will shoot Ianto then you!" i shook my head again "you wouldn't dar-"!

BANG!

Ianto's body fell to the floor ...

A/N:

Sorry this is so short, i'll continue it tomorrow

Clare xoxo