Chapter 1 ✔️

Raylina

I see it so vividly. The doll dropping out of the little girl's hands, that still have yet to grow, and the worried mother in a panic, that she hides for the sake of the small little girl.

"Sweety I need you to run as fast as you can, don't look back, and don't stop, just keep running no matter what." The mother ushers the little girl forward, as she puts a backpack on the young girl's shoulders.

"W-What's going on mommy?" The little girl looks up to her mother with tears rimming her eyes threatening to escape.

"We're being attacked sweety, but It doesn't matter. You need to run, as fast as you can." The mother starts carefully pulling the little girl to an emergency escape tunnel the only place that may give some hope to the family.

"But, I don't want to leave you, mommy." The little girl childishly stomps her small foot and starts crying in fear for her mother and family not knowing the future they have.

"I know, but don't worry we'll be together in no time." The mother gently strokes her cheek to comfort the small little child, and the child looks up at her desperately.

"Will everyone be ok?" The little girl puts on a brave face sniffling hoping that everyone will be safe and happy.

"I don't know, but you need to run. I need you to run, and don't stop no matter what." The mother pushes a bookcase out of the way opening up a tunnel for the little girl's escape.

"Yes mommy, just be safe." The child starts crying again, not wanting to leave her mother.

"I promise... now go!" The little girl takes one last look at her mother. She then reluctantly turns around and runs before the mother closes the entrance to the tunnel to protect the little girl.

As the child runs through the escape tunnel she steals a look back only to see the opening gone. She then continues to run off with her small backpack, but just as she approaches the end of the tunnel she hears her mother screaming bloody murder. She almost goes back, but she keeps her promise and runs even faster. The tears continue to fall down her face, but she keeps running on.

That little girl... that little girl is me.

***

I jump up screaming, or in my case whimpering. Still in form of a cat... I've been in the same damn form for more or less than 5 years now.

I keep on repeating It was just a nightmare... in my head, but I know it wasn't. It's the same as almost every night, A horrid memory. One that I can never forget...

Ever since the attack happened when I was little I've had that same nightmare most nights. I just wish it would stop.

I look out the window, to see the pitch black sky outside except for the few street lights that are almost done for after years without any maintenance. Sighing in annoyance as I often do I lay my head back on my paws. I really hate not being able to stretch, be outside, and most of all shift. I haven't been able to be in my original form since I was thrown here. I was left to rot in here so long ago, I don't think I'll ever escape but I need to get out somehow at least.

I stand up on my four little paws and stretch before I walk over and drop onto my pillow again. I soon find myself falling back to sleep as I wonder if the day I may finally be free will ever come.

If that day comes along, I really hope it comes along soon, and I mean very soon.

°°°

{February 7, 2016}