Rock With You. (1978)

"Y/N, it'll be fun, I promise." Michael pulls you out of the vehicle.

"Michael, you know I don't like clubs. I can't even dance." You pout.

"It's easy girl. Look, you'll have fun. Can we at least see if you'll like it, and if you don't we can leave, ok?" Michael raises his eyebrow at you.

You give in. "Fine. I'll try it out!" You sigh.

Michael grabs your hand. "COME ON GIRL!" Michael laughs and runs with you into the nightclub.

You both enter and there's smoke floating everywhere, people dancing to the music, some people are sitting in corners smooching, and people socializing. It doesn't seem to bad. It actually seems comfortable.

Michael smiles as he looks at you. "So, do you like?"

"We just got in here weirdo." You giggle at him.

Michael chuckles. "Would you like to go sit down somewhere instead of standing here looking dumb?"

"Shut up. Of course I would like to sit down." You both walk over to a table for two and get comfortable.

"So, how's that album coming?" You ask.

"It's coming along well, I just need some more inspiration. I need to come up with another song." Michael replies, still holding your hand.

"Maybe you could help me Y/N!" Michael's eyes widen.

You look around the room. "Uh, do you see any musical background in me? Uh uh." You shake your head.

Michael smacks his lips. "Fine, meanie." Michael giggles.

"I AM NOT!" You slam your hand on the table and start to laugh.

"Ok." Michael smirks deviously. "Prove it to me." Michael stands up from his seat and reaches out to grab your hand.

You look at Michael like he's crazy. "No, no, no, I just told you I can't dance Michael!"

"Just try it girl. Let the music do it for you." You grab Michael's hand, and he leads you to the dance floor.

Once out on the floor, Michael is already feeling the music. Moving those dancer hips of his, and moving his head to the left and right.

You're just standing there, staring blankly at Michael.

Michael stops dancing. "Girl, move! Do something."

You put your hands in the air. "I don't know what!"

Michael grabs both of your hands. "Come on Y/N please?" He whines.

You give in to him once again. "Fine child! Damn."

"That's my girl." Michael's smiles.

Michael starts to dance again, moving his head, moving those hips, and starts to do the robot.

You let loose and start to move your hips to the beat, feeling the rhythm.

Michael looks at you shocked that you can dance like that. "Damn girl! I knew you had it in you!" Michael starts to dance again.

"Shut up boy and just dance." You move your hips to the beat.

After about 20 minutes Michael goes to the bar to get some water since he doesn't drink alcohol.

Michael's POV

I'm watching y/n from the bar and I've gotta say, she's got skill. I mean, the way her hips move to the beat so well, she looks like she's having a lot of fun.

She makes eye contact with me then waves.

I wave back then she goes back to her dancing. Y/N obviously doesn't know this, but I've liked her for a long time. Ever since we were kids I liked her. Hell, LOVED her. But I don't think she feels the same.

Wait dance, love, magic. I've got it! My next song will be about Y/N.

I continue to watch her in awe.

Girl, when you dance there's a magic, that must be love.

Now she's moving her hips in a circular movement.

Just take it slow, cause we got so far to go.

She's really feeling it.

When you feel that heat, and we gon ride the boogie.

God, I love this woman.

Share that beat of love.

So now we all know where Michael got the idea for Rock With You from. 😹 it was really short I know but hopefully you enjoyed it!