The next blow came when four of the shuttles didn't return. She'd sent them to get more from the reef and from the station. Omega claimed they needed repairs before they'd be released. It did say it had ammunition ready and waiting. With the delay Paladin and the Vampires ran out of ammunition and had to retreat. Slowly the tanks began to run out. They bravely stayed on the line using their secondary machine guns on the infantry, but the Red Legion sensed the shift and had committed the rest of their forces.

The final straw had come when the two combat shuttles were taken. The loss of their heavy lasers meant they had no way of taking out enemy tanks. Unable to continue the fight outside the city she'd started to with draw her soldiers into the city to prepare for urban combat. She hoped the weeks of training at the reef and the close range would make the tanks and fighting vehicles ineffective and tip things in their favor.

The Black Watch and the Black Legion held the gates while the rest set up. While the various units moved inside they brought the dead and wounded with them. The palace grounds had become a hospital. Even with her wounds Anthrax took over coordinating the medics to save as many seriously wounded as she could.

Taking one last look around the skyline she sighed.

"There's not much more we can do..."

A loud explosion rocked a wall between the east and north gates. When the smoke cleared Red Legion infantry and vehicles poured into the city. Not expecting an attack in that direction the stunned legionnaires were driven into disarray.

"...That's it we're screwed." Sarin sighed trying to fight back tears. "It wasn't supposed to end like this. Not here, not like this."

"It's not over yet, we could..." Amber drifted off.

Sarin shook her head, "no. Even I couldn't live with myself after this. I wanted to prove to Kita I was better than her. If I cannot do that than I'm going down swinging."

"Then I guess I go with you."

Amber took Sarin's hand and the pair walked to the edge of the dome. Letting go, Amber's hands turned to claws while her fangs slid out. Next to her Sarin changed to War. Her red highlights pulsing as she drew her pistols.

Nodding to each they started to take flight.

"Not without me you're not," Anthrax's tired voice called. In an instant she changed to Pestilence and let out a shriek that caused the city to pause. Flapping her raggedy wings she took her sisters hands and the trio started to rise into the air.

Six massive explosions rocked the outside of the city. Enormous shockwaves ripped across the desert flinging machines and crushing men. The waves were followed closely by roiling fireballs. The three angels could feel the heat even in the center of the city.

The thunder of a shuttle coming in just overhead caused them to turn in time for the thrust from the engines knocked them to the ground. The shuttle made a one hundred and eight degree turn and sat down across the wall of the palace. The turbo lasers started to hammer down the street clearing a path.

Struggling to look over the wall of the dome the three angels watched the ramp of the shuttle bang open.

The Sheik had recovered and raced over to the angel his anger rolling off of him in waves. "What in the name of the Lady are you doing? Trying to kill us with your flying box? Who would do such a thing?"

Sarin didn't even have to look to know who, she could already feel her. From the back of the shuttle Kita flew out, Dusk and Dawn burning brightly. Beside her a war cat followed. Phoenix came next, burning brightly he flew high into the sky.