6

Get Rebirth (book 1 of the Game of the Gods series) on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DN2KNHK

Kita stood watching the fountain of dirt and rock erupting from the side of the cliff

Kita stood watching the fountain of dirt and rock erupting from the side of the cliff. Deep inside the cliff face Amber was digging her way to the troops stationed underground. Amber guessed the troops were only forty feet below them, but from the amount of rock coming out Kita was sure they must be at the center of the planet.

Rubbing her side she cursed herself for letting Snowy stab her. She could have prevented it, but she thought it would help Snowy's anger. She didn't mind the claws. It was the electricity that she hated. It made her insides tingle well after the voltage was removed.

"There's no scar there I promise," Sarin said sweetly coming up behind her carrying two dead Red Legion scouts.

"Either we're getting better or they're getting worse." She announced, dumping the cowboy kitted men in a heap.

"Not bad rifles though. Cowboy doesn't spare any expense for these guys. I think Amber should get one. What do you think?"

"If she wants to be a sniper that's fine with me, but I thought she liked her machine gun."

"I think she likes both. I'll see if she wants to trade in the big bulky gun she's slinging around for a pair of machine pistols. Those are more her style anyway."

Kita nodded somberly.

"Are you alright Babe?" Sarin asked concerned.

"I don't know. I keep thinking about earlier." Kita admitted sadly.

Sarin kept smiling as she came up behind Kita and put arms around her.

"Don't worry Snowy's well taken care of. Megan has her pinned to the floor with that mean old hag death stare she does. It's impressive she can pull it off looking as young as you."

Kita made a pleasant sound at the compliment.

"You know I almost forgot how good you look this way or how soft the skin on your tummy is." Sarin continued.

Kita smiled and reached back and kissed her. Resting her head on Sarin's shoulder she looked up at the sky for a few long seconds before speaking again.

"Did I do the right thing by going and talking to her? Or am I just a bitch acting like I was rubbing her nose in it?"

Sarin didn't hesitate, "that's by far the right thing and braver thing to do. Do you know how many times I wished the other person would have told me why and what I'd done to make them run away?"

"I cannot imagine that number would be too high," Kita replied sweetly.

"It's not, maybe half a dozen. I admit I did the dumping and should have had the courage you had to tell the other person why I was leaving. Though most of the time it was superficial and shallow. I don't know if it would have helped either of us."