Bar fight

You walked into your favorite little pub close to where you live. Usually it's pretty quiet, but tonight there were a lot of people packed into every corner. You walked in, reading your text, which Robbie had sent you saying he was sitting at the bar, which seemed to be the area that was the least crowded. You were running a little late, so you rushed to the front of the bar where you could see Robbie scrolling through his phone patiently waiting for you. You smiled; he had put on the sweater you got him for Christmas.
"Hey handsome," You said putting your hands on his shoulder and kissing the back of his neck.
"Hey Y/N." He turned around and kissed you. You took a seat beside him and ordered yourself a drink. Robbie did the same, and you laughed, "Robbie, you're already on your third?"
He laughed, "Well someone was late. So I just figured I'd get a head start."
You got your drinks and started slow. You ended up ordering a few more, and could feel yourself starting to get a little tipsy. You took your glass and raised it suddenly, "Well, here's to a great year Robbie."
He smiled and rose his, spilling a bit on the table. He laughed, "I should probably stop drinking."
"Oh come on, live a little!" You said, taking a large sip from yours. After a while, you both slowed down the drinking a little and started talking about random things. You could tell by Robbie's face and expressions that he was drunk. He kept laughing at the dumbest things, and that made you laugh even more.
"Alright, I need to go to the bathroom." He said looking around for where it is.
"You gonna make it okay?" You asked raising an eyebrow and smiling.
He shrugged, and walked away, fumbling a little when he got up. You let out a snort, and waited for his return while spinning the straw in your glass. As you waited, you could tell someone was staring at you. You rolled your eyes, hoping he wouldn't approach you.
As you rolled your eyes, someone sat down beside you carrying with him the heavy smell of alcohol and cigarettes. You turned to say that the seat was taken.
"Sorry, that seat is taken." You said.
"I don't see anyone, beautiful. What's your name?" The stranger asked, getting closer to you. You slowly pulled away form him, not wanting him to come closer.
"Look, my boyfriend is sitting there and he'll be back anytime now –"
"Boyfriend? That guy was your boyfriend?" The guy said.
"No, he IS my boyfriend. So please, leave me alone." You said annoyed.
You got up from your seat, deciding to meet up with Robbie at the bathroom instead of waiting there for him. Something about the stranger made you feel uncomfortable.
You went to the Men's room door, waiting and hoping he would come out soon since the man had just gotten back up heading your way.
He came up beside you, "Man, you look even better standing up. What do you say we find a quiet place and get to know each other a little better?"
As he said this, he pushed you up against the wall and strokes your cheek with his hand.
"No thanks." You said trying to push him away but he wouldn't budge. You started to be a little scared, trying to find someone who could help. "Let me go!"
He smiled at you and you suddenly felt his weight lift from you.
"You heard her, let her go." Robbie's voice suddenly said.
You sighed in relief.
"Oh, look at that. The boyfriend." The stranger said and he added with a laugh, "You think I'm scared of you?"
"What the hell is wrong with you? Just move on." Robbie said walking over to you and taking your hand, "Are you okay Y/N?"
You nodded and Robbie gave you a small smile.
"Well isn't that adorable." The man said, giving Robbie a push, which caused him to crash into you.
Robbie turned around, you could tell he was mad by his eyes. "You done?"
The man just smiled crossing his arms. "Come on beautiful, you really want to be with a man who can't even defend himself?"
Robbie scoffed, and you knew this would set him off. "Robbie –"
"Walk away now, okay?" Robbie said, walking towards the man.
"Or what?" The guy said, amused.
"Robbie stop he's just –" you began.
"Don't worry sweetheart, he's just worried I'd fuck you better than he ever could." The man said, as you rolled your eyes and Robbie let out an angry laugh. Then Robbie's hand formed into a fist, and you watched it as it flung into the man's face.
"Robbie!" You said screaming. The man turned back around and punched Robbie back. As he was about to keep fighting some other people came up to try and stop the fight as you grabbed Robbie's arm and gave him a look.
"Come." You said, and he followed, letting you lead him out of the bar and into the car.
You both sat down in silence. Neither one of you wanted to speak.
"Are you okay Robbie?" You asked, referring to his end of the punch.
"Yeah." He said softly, "I'm sorry I punched him. He was just-"
"I know." You said grabbing onto his hand. "You know what he said isn't true right?"
"I know, I just didn't like what he was saying or doing to you. I just wanted to protect you." He said turning to you with a small smile.
You smiled and leaned in to kiss him, "I love you."
"As do I, love." He said against your lips, as you both kept kissing each other deepening the kiss into the night.